SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kids Sports: The Kid's Alright
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kids Sports: The Kid's Alright Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Watched two games now (we won both, yay!) and I'm updating my OP and feel kind of like a crap person for saying that.

This kid is THE BIGGEST cheerleader and promoter for the whole team. Every time a kid is up to bat, he's cheering him on and by name, every one. He walks up and down the bench just encouraging everyone and cheering everyone on and it's awesome. So he strikes out, he IS getting up there and trying his best and he does seem to be getting better a little bit at a time.

He seems like a really good kid and I apologize for calling him a "dud". He's far from a dud for this team.

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^Outstanding. He sounds like a leader.

Posts: 681 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
You rock. It’s no big deal, you said what’s in every parent’s mind when they’re watching… but perspective really helps.

We had a kid in our last “fall ball” that was very overweight and could not do a damn thing right, but by God he was enthusiastic, and by the end of the season, he was hitting the ball. He might even have made majors this year.
He’s a great sports fan and I really hope that he does well because he embodied the spirit of the game.
Best to you and your kid. These times are fleeting and we need to remember to make it positive and fun!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5363 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post