SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Spoofers and telemarkers are ruining our telephone system
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spoofers and telemarkers are ruining our telephone system Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
Sometimes I ignore them…sometimes I answer them and play games, depending on what they are looking for.

On the extended car warranty calls, my most recent car purchases have been Ferraris…apparently they don’t offer extended warranties for them. Secret Special Agent Steve from the SS Problem Department, who was going to put me behind the bar if I didn’t cooperate, got my SS#…8675309…and I told him I prefer to be called “Jenny.”

He didn’t find that amusing as I did…

Don't know why they wouldn't offer their warranty on a Ferrari. They don't plan on paying a claim anyway.

Everytime I name any expensive car, they hang up immediately. Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everytime I name any expensive car, they hang up immediately. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Our 13-year-old twins have picked up on this, too. Our son claims he has a Porsche 911 GT3 RS and my daughter states she owns an Audi R8 V10… Cool

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Just to show I'm not always a prick... Today I got a call with a caller ID of Oxford, MS. I was interested enough to pick up the phone, and it was a very nice sounding female voice, with a mild southern accent. She wanted me to take or answer a survey. I handed the phone to my wife.

The difference here is that it wasn't an Asian, but clearly a southern lady. So my bigot turned off. She worked for a company that was interested in building an extended care facility just down the road. So my wife was shocked that I wasn't even a prick to her. But as a rule, usually male voices are almost salesmen and I don't give them the time of day. Southern lady's are different or a different flavor.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure your wife didnt call them first??? You know extended care facility and all.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
She's too cheap to lodge me there. We have a large river just out front. She'd toss me in and let me sink instead. You may be right in my disposal. This evening she suggested we inventory my guns.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahahaha

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Southern lady's are different or a different flavor.

Geez, I hope the telespammers don't get wind of this. A female with a southern accent melts me like butter in the sun on a hot summer's day.

I recall, to this day, the first time I encountered a southern girl IRL. I was checking into a hotel in Louisville, KY, where I'd been sent on a start-up project. Cute young thing behind the counter started talking and I damn near melted into the floor

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've received hundreds of calls like this myself during the past few years. Often it's for extended car warranties, and the person on the other end is clearly calling from a foreign country. I ask them for an extended warranty for my 1935 Deusenberg SJ Grande roadster. Or my 1953 Raymond Loewy signature Studebaker Starlight Coupe.

In other types of nuisance calls, if I don't hear a voice on the other end right away, I'll say "Central Command. State the Day Code, encryption master key only..." This tactic seems to have caused my number of calls to diminish quite considerably.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post