SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Reds are the best team in Baseball
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Reds are the best team in Baseball Login/Join 
posted
3-21. Good grief, how embarrassing. Can I change my favorite team as long
as It's not St. Louis?

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old man would take me to Crosley Field. And I saw the Big Red Machine in action.
Good memories!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Look on the bright side, when the team is that bad, tickets to home games are probably pretty cheap. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Growing up in Columbus, OH I was a died hard Reds fan. I probably inherited that trait from my father who lived and breathed the Big Red Machine.

I spent most of my childhood at either Riverfront Stadium or Cooper Stadium watching the Columbus Clippers)

( I liked the Yankees because of Paul O'Neil and Don Mattlingly.)

Never fear:
You could be an Orioles fan.....
(When we relocated to Richmond, VA, they became our team)...

Now that is painful..

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, The Cincinnati Reds.

I grew up going to Riverfront. First with my parents. Then being in the stands when Pete Rose broke Ty Cobb's record. Then with my buddies when we were in high school. And now I catch a game, or two, every time I am back in Cincy. I always feel like a little kid walking into that park, even though it's a different park now.

I just hope and pray they make it to the World Series one time while I am adult. I am have been waiting 25 years. Hopefully I do not have to wait 25 more.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
My first MLB game was at Crosley Field, then on to Riverfront, froze my nuts off at the WS when the Reds beat the Yankees, Watched them sweep the A's in Oakland, was there on a business trip and just drove over and bought a ticket in the parking lot.

Rose, Bench, Perez, Carbo, Cancepcion, May, etc

Marge Schott was the cheapest owner in the MLB

and Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
The Big Red Machine, this is why I’m a Reds fan to this day. Any time I see they beat the Cubs my heart warms a bit.

I was a catcher in little league, Johnny Bench was a freaking god. Let me second, Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame!

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the game when Pete broke Ty Cobbs record. It's a shame how his career ended.
Was a teenager during the Big Red Machine, great memories. Still go to several games a year.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
As a long-suffering Orioles fan I feel your pain. They've had the worst record for years so I guess I gotta thank the Reds for giving them a little relief. Wink

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a great article regarding the Great 8

https://www.mlb.com/reds/hall-.../history/great-eight

I forgot Pete Rose was an outfielder who moved to 3rd base then to 1st.

That was a great team and so was the 1990 Reds
Who swept the A's for the world series.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pete Rose played first base, second base, third base, left field and right field.
How many other players can say that? And got over four thousand hits.

posted Hide Post
I was there when Pete got his 3000 hit,dad came home with four tickets the day of the game, 2 1/2 hour drive home for school the next day .
dad ,mom, brother all gone now, great memory for me !!!!

Posts: 83 | Registered: December 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottyboy:
I was there when Pete got his 3000 hit,dad came home with four tickets the day of the game, 2 1/2 hour drive home for school the next day .

I was there too!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
quote:
Originally posted by scottyboy:

I was there too!!
if i remember right pete needed 4 hits that night and i think the 3rd hit went off the pitchers mound and went straight up in the air , it took a minute to give pete a hit over an error then his 4th hit was no question. correct me if im wrong ,been a long time.. we were in the yellow seats 1st base side.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Baseball back then was fantastic.
I grew up a St. Louis Card fan but the Reds were a worthy opponent.
I hated them and the Pirates the most! Smile

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this year a punishment for the glory days of the Cincinnati Reds Big Red Machine era?

Been a fan since childhood. Usually make multiple trips back to Cincinnati for games each season. No need this year. It is brutal enough to watch on tv.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Baseball back then was fantastic.
I grew up a St. Louis Card fan but the Reds were a worthy opponent.
I hated them and the Pirates the most! Smile
HA HA , i would have to add phillies and dodgers to the most hated list. great times sitting with family watching on if you were lucky a 27inch color tv. Its a shame what what non - careing greedy ownership has done to small market cities like cincy.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I had to go watch some Reds and Rose videos. Wish I still had all those baseball cards.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Best part of REDS Opening Day... Smile

Most likely the only game I will go to this year.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Just saw this today and thought of this thread:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post