SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    $95 For A Christmas Tree This Year
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$95 For A Christmas Tree This Year Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We’ve been using a pre lighted tree we got from Lowes the week after Christmas in 2016…it was $100.

Totally worth it. And it looks real

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
My 12 pound Tomcat can strip a tree of decorations in ten minutes flat. I put up a tree one year and he had lots of fun. Now I dont bother. Saved me quite a bit of money for trees and related stuff.

My better half now has multiple plaques regarding “crazy cat lady”. Had an artificial tree for many years but with multiple indoor cats now, it is no longer an option. We now have a couple of smaller 1-2 ft. artificial trees on top of china cabinet, and curio cabinet that the cats can not access. Any floor standing tree would be shredded in minutes by our totally lovable but mischievous cats.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
in the last day or two a story on the national news broadcast was a story on christmas trees :: real vs artificial.... one of the interview subject showed a large artificial tree and price was $1100....location west coast Commiefornia.... To much comercialation on the christmas season. Most have lost the true meaning for the season. .......... drill sgt

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
We have a 4 foot artificial that we put up if the kids visit. It fits on an end table. We no longer decorate much for Christmas

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
We have a 4 foot artificial that we put up if the kids visit. It fits on an end table. We no longer decorate much for Christmas
Same here .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
one of the interview subject showed a large artificial tree and price was $1100....location west coast Commiefornia.... .. drill sgt

There has been a big tree (maybe 12 foot) near the front entrance of our Costco for probably 2 months now, $1149.00. Had it marked down for a short period to $999.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
There has been a big tree (maybe 12 foot) near the front entrance of our Costco for probably 2 months now, $1149.00. Had it marked down for a short period to $999.

There are high quality fake 12' trees running up close to the $10,000 mark.

I got a real 10' this year at $200, and last year a 15' at almost $500. The 8-10s seemed to start in the $150 range, and a 6-7 foot was close to $100.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can buy a really nice artificial tree after Christmas for a couple of hundred bucks .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Always cut our own, plane old cedar from a family farm, or a neighbors Big Grin The kids always loved the hunt and picking out their own. Now, not so much. Bought a 7' fake one in 2015, pre lit with led's and rotating base. Was about 250 bucks. It's great... except for the damn glitter glued on it that sheds.

A son-in-law drags it down from the attic every year at our Thanksgiving family dinner and the grandkids put the balls and crap on it. After new years I put it away.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to take my Festivus Pole to the lower level; wifey not amused.

Ever walk a dog after he eats tinsel off the tree? Rat Terriers are sooo stupid, but that’s another discussion.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My son and I went to Home Depot this morning and bought a 7.5 tree 50% off. Regular price was $199, we paid $99. We have a fake tree for a few years now but I was looking for something a little better.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back for an update
How's it looking ?

Did you put sugar in the water ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I always bought a pre-cut real tree when I was younger, and sometimes a fresher u-cut one. Getting rid of them after New Years was sometimes a hassle, but it was worth it. Did I mention I always lived alone? Then about 10 years ago I took in a roommate along with her cat, and that put an end to the trees. Between the cat being, well, a cat, and my blind dog always pestering the cat (trying to figure out what it was, I think), a tree would never have made it through the holidays upright.

I'd been thinking about getting an artificial one, but assumed the cat would do the same thing to it that she would to a real one. Now that the roommate and the cat have left and I've moved, I'm thinking it's time to get that artificial tree. They're everywhere, and now that Christmas is over I imagine they'll be going on sale. Problem is, they're all made in freaking China. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. I've seen some nice looking domestic ones online, but they start at like $300-400. Maybe they'll go on sale now too.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I sold trees for 25 years and it's hard money. I was lucky and had a nearby wholesale connection where I could buy as I needed them. I'd start with 200 and buy more if needed. Better to run short than have worthless leftovers that you sometimes had to pay to dispose of. Usually fishermen would take a few to make crappie hideouts.

1980s

1990s until I sold business in 96

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Who can forget the ‘Rouse Simmons’?

https://www.archives.gov/publi.../christmas-tree.html

It was a ship bound for Chicago with a load of Christmas trees.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post