SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Aisle Sitters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aisle Sitters Login/Join 
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted
If you are going to immediately claim the aisle seat in an empty row of what is obviously going to be a full auditorium, you forfeit the right to be annoyed at having to move when someone needs to get past you. Move to the middle or keep your entitled huffing, puffing, indignation and stink-eye to yourself.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thought this was going to be a grocery rant.
Similar sentiment.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Thought this was going to be a grocery rant.
Similar sentiment.

Yeah, they have to have a family reunion in the frozen foods aisle. Mad

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Kind of the same thing, from the aisle side…

Back in the 90’s when every American didn’t have a sleeve of tattoos going down their arm, and it was looked upon quite differently than it is now, 27 years later…

I rode Amtrak everywhere. I was terrified of flying for some unknown reason (now I love it). I would catch two empty seats on an Amtrak. I’d sit on the window seat and enjoy the scenery, right up to when the train would pull into a station. Then I would wipe the smile off my face, pull my sleeves up to show the tattoos, and sit at the aisle with a nasty look on my face and sunglasses over my eyes. No one ever wanted to sit by me with two exceptions.
One was a guy who was like “oh, you look like my kind of people”, to which I replied “fuck off”, and he did.
The other was a very attractive female that said something scandalous, and I simply moved over to the window and welcomed her to sit.
Aside of that, I had two seats everywhere I went. It was quite comfortable.

Your aisle guy is either a retard, or he is terrified someone will sit next to him.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I see the same exact thing at ball games.

They buy the aisle seats for the convenience and then get mad when beer drinkers are up every inning.

When they do this to my little brother (6’8", 265-ish lbs), he decides he needs to get up every half inning or, just after someone else passes and the aisle sitters have just sat back down.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Some aisle sitters do this so they can attend events when sitting anywhere else creates a mild claustrophobia. Others, few in number, have a need to exit rapidly for bathroom needs. Some prefer the aisle as a leg stretch area.

I agree that facial histrionics or other expressions of displeasure by the aisle sitter are unwarranted.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Some aisle sitters do this so they can attend events when sitting anywhere else creates a mild claustrophobia.

Bingo.
I have the outside (aisle) seat anywhere I go. Restaurants, plane, dinner at a house, etc.
It's not that mild either.

I don't complain or huff though and I'll get up anytime someone wants in or out.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like everything in life it’s a balance. Getting annoyed when people go past you to their seats is bs. Getting up to go the bathroom is a mulligan. If they start getting up multiple times I begin to say wtf? I recently went to a concert. Not an aisle seat but towards the end. This group kept getting up and getting drunker and drunker. Once the concert starts you need to stay in place and enjoy the show unless you are going to piss yourself. If you really wanted to be at a bar then get up and stay up. It’s a balance.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
The only time I ever got annoyed with people getting up and down was at the 2019 Iron Maiden concert in Nashville.

I honestly wouldn't have cared, but I was hobbling around on a cane at the time because my back was out of control and I had just healed up from my burns a few weeks prior and had to stand up to see the stage every time the assholes in the aisle in front of me stood up. It wasn't like they were cheering or being very emotive, they were just standing there.

I just kept getting up and down with them and eventually one of the group saw me (the one directly in front of me) and decided to spend most of the rest of the show in his seat. A genuine heartfelt thanks to that guy. If I ever run into you and I figure out it was you, first round's on me.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This goes along with that person that sits down and " saves " seats for the rest of the group that is running late .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
This goes along with that person that sits down and " saves " seats for the rest of the group that is running late .

A frequent ploy on Southwest Airlines, I might add.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

A frequent ploy on Southwest Airlines, I might add.

they're not running late, just last to board!!

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This goes along with that person that sits down and " saves " seats for the rest of the group that is running late

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The same group that puts their belongs over the front two rows of a school play so Grandpa and Grandma and friends can have a good view when they arrive two minutes before the performance.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At my Grandson's High School graduation , people were " saving seats " in large quantities . Like entire rows , etc. My son came in with his family of four and when they tried to sit down a girl told him that those seats were saved . He told her that his son was graduating and THEY made it on time and it wasn't up for discussion . Big Grin

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
If you are going to immediately claim the aisle seat in an empty row of what is obviously going to be a full auditorium, you forfeit the right to be annoyed at having to move when someone needs to get past you.

Makes you wish for the SuperHero power of farting at will. Maybe even The Walking Farts®, like Larry's grammaw.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post