SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fooled me once - crumble cookie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fooled me once - crumble cookie Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I hate to disparage any business trying to survive these days.

But I know cookies. I've been eating them for more than 50 years. I know a good cookie.

I tried cookies from the chain crumble cookies. They were hyped a bit so it sounded interesting. They had 8 choices I think. I got four of them. Two are decent. Two are not. None are worth the $4 each I paid; not even close. At best, I'd be willing to pay about $0.75 each.

I fell for the marketing. Shame on me. No more.

I fail to understand their popularity and hype. Not very tasteful (except for maybe one) and all of them were way too sweet.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Hugely popular around here. But sugar is the local drug of choice. I prefer my wife's homemade chocolate chip cookies to anything I've ever tried.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure I’d prefer your wife’s cookies over crumble as well. Although choco chip was the decent cookie they had.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately my wife is one of their followers.

That $4 cookie becomes a $7.50 cookie when she drives 20 miles round trip for no other reason than to get a cookie.

The times she has made me stop when we are in the area I notice their clientele seems to primarily consist of overweight middle aged women.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
$4 for a goddamn cookie?? It had better make me cream my pants.

Did they at least get you high?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Tried them once.
That was enough for me.
Didn't care for them, never mind the stupid-high prices.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If I ever try one it will have been gifted to me. But I’ve never heard of them here in Ohio.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them, but they sound just like all those "gourmet" cupcake places that were so trendy a few years back. I tried one to see what all the hype was and was completely underwhelmed by the boring, dry cupcake with 3 inches of sickeningly sweet, disgusting icing piled on top. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
add me into the "they're just ok" group.

Tiff's Treats, on the other hand.... homerdrool.jpg

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I feel sick to my gut after even a bite of crumbl. They are all overly sweet - like they won a competition of how much sugar you can put in a cookie. And no, never worth it. But having so many Crumbl stores around, work, friends, family, etc. - everyone gets crumbl for everyone. No thanks, now. None for me.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
They are terrible. My wife loves them for some reason but they are overhyped garbage.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Literally just heard about these yesterday. A bunch of my students were begging to order crumble cookies at some point. Of course I asked, "WTF are crumble cookies?"

I didn't get much of an explanation, but they said they wanted to order them because they just opened the first area location in Jenkintown.

Jenkintown is like an hour drive in normal workday traffic from the school. Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s a place called insomnia cookies I found in Atlanta when I was there and have since seen a couple show up here in Arizona. I don’t think they are as big of a chain as crumble but their cookies are much better and you can get a scoop of ice cream on it and it’s pretty good.

I went to crumble once here and they had like 8 cookies (I enjoy peanut butter cookies but they didn’t have these or any other standard cookies like chocolate chip, sugar) so I got some random cookie I don’t even remember what it was, but I remember it wasn’t very good so I’ve never been back.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post