SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Airlines changing itinerary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airlines changing itinerary Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
Since this COVID mess, I have not had a flight that hasn't been changed.

Canceled what was supposed to be a simple long weekend trip twice now because of flight time changes. No huge deal this was just a quick trip I wanted to do.

Now they have changed my big yearly trip from arriving in the morning to arranging at night which is a no-go. They also have me leaving the morning after I was originally supposed to leave. That part I could make work just a PIA but the arrival side of the trip has to be in the morning for timing.

I have one other trip on the books lets see if they can screw that one up.

United twice and now Alaskan once for major changes to their itinerary once booked. At least United sent me an email Alaskan I just happened to check the reservations and saw they changed.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I gave up trying to fly after the last debacle. We got almost daily changes to departure times on both legs of our round trip which I could have dealt with. Then they changed both departure days. I pick my flights based on work and other fixed arrangements I have to make well in advance, coming or going a day early and late just won't work after all that is settled. I won't even attempt it again until they get their shit back together.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Airlines make Joe Pesci's drive-through look like amateur hour.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Had reservations to Honolu, then a connecting flight to The Big Island and return trip last November. The flights to Honolulu and the Big Island were cancelled by the airline, so I rescheduled (free and easy) to March.

Same thing happened to the March reservations, so I've rescheduled again (free and easy) to later in this year.

The most aggravating changes for me are gate changes. I was in O'Hare Airport in Chicago a few years back on a layover from New Jersey to Arizona and they changed my gate 4 times in 2 hours. It's a good thing they've got that tram thing there or I would've never made it out.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Had reservations to Honolu, then a connecting flight to The Big Island and return trip last November. The flights to Honolulu and the Big Island were cancelled by the airline, so I rescheduled (free and easy) to March.

Same thing happened to the March reservations, so I've rescheduled again (free and easy) to later in this year.

The most aggravating changes for me are gate changes. I was in O'Hare Airport in Chicago a few years back on a layover from New Jersey to Arizona and they changed my gate 4 times in 2 hours. It's a good thing they've got that tram thing there or I would've never made it out.

So true. On a recent trip, I was in line with my son to get food when my husband hustled over and said terminal change.. I had time to wait and eat so he grabbed our stuff and hopped the monorail to the new terminal and gate. Before we were done eating he was back...they’d changed terminals (and gates) again, this time back to the old terminal, but new gate. What a joke, but he wasn’t laughing..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post