SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Frontier airlines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frontier airlines Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
I fly them occasionally when their flights work best for me. Flew down to Orlando and sinceFrontier is the hub there they where the best option by far for me needs.

I purchased a carry-on for the flight down. Was later charged for a carryon for that flight and the flight back and also a checked bag.

No problem just call them. That’s where is get fun….. So their phone system just says chat with them and then hangs up on you. Again and again and again. Their chat system says I’m next in line but after two hours of leaving the browser open still no response again and again.

I’ve disputed the extra charged and now waiting for Chase to investigate.

If anyone has a way that works to contact them let me know.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friends don’t let friends fly Frontier. Or Spirit. Or Allegiant.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

A friend I shoot with every week told me he flew Allegiant once a couple of years ago and as he was walking off the plane, he told the flight attendant that next time he flew Allegiant, he was going to bring some bricks with him.

The flight attendant asked why and he said so he'd have something soft to sit on.

I flew Allegiant just once because the airport they fly out of is around 4 miles from my house and I agree with him completely. It was like sitting on a concrete bench.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What those airlines are really good at is cancelling your cheap flight. No big deal right? Except they have no frequency so they don’t necessarily put you on the “next” flight. They refund your money, give you a voucher, and wish you luck buying your next seat.

Last summer my sons buddies flew down to Florida. Orlando International specifically. They cancelled and then put these kids on a flight to Miami. Nowhere near Orlando. Arrive at midnight and sit in airport for 12 hours to take a flight to Orlando. They took a bus from the Miami airport instead and got here waaay earlier.

All airlines kinda suck to a certain degree but at least most of them at least try not to openly screw you. Not those 3 though. Plus the fistfight at baggage claim is always fun.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We use Allegiant when going back to WV, flying out of Sanlando (Sanford) which is just 10 miles vs 40 to MCO, It has way less people, you can park right close to the terminal and walk to the gate in a few minutes.

Try and avoid MCO at all costs when you can.

For quick flights no frills and you can always bring a seat cushion with you....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Allegiant? Flew it once. Learned of maintenance issues. Never again. This old story is emblematic.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/cont...act-13-investigation

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That I can remember, I've only flown Continental/United or Southwest.
I remember horror stories about Spirit & lots of additional fees, to the extent they were surprised they weren't charged for the air you breathe.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you buy a cheap ticket, bring as little stuff as possible, don't need a sip of water, care less where you sit, etc. AND nothing bad happens and the flight gets off on time and arrives on time your time and money is well spent.

If on the other hand, there is any issue whatsoever the money you saved will not be worth it to you. I made the joke about the fistfights at the baggage claim. It isn't a joke. At baggage claim, at the gate, at the ticket counter. When these airlines fuck you over they are pro's at it. Their system isn't built with redundancy or the ability to quickly recover in mind. It works or it doesn't. They have little ability to scoop up the fumble and advance the ball.

Buyer beware.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'll take Allegiant any day to visit my sister, who lives less than five min. from the airport vs. flying to SeaTac and then driving 2.5 hrs to her. Last Thanksgiving there it was a new plane and quite nice.

The one and only time I flew or ever will fly with Spirit, they canceled my connection from LAX to PHX, claiming extreme heat, which means they owe nothing. They said they might be able to fly again in a few days. All other airlines were still flying to PHX. There was almost a fist fight at the counter and the cops had to come to keep order. I went to Avis, rented a car and just drove home. Never again.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frontier Airlines Cuts Customer Support Over The Phone

Frontier is now the largest airline in the US to not offer support over the phone.

BY LUKAS SOUZA
PUBLISHED 3 HOURS AGO

American ultra-low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines has stopped providing support to customers via telephone.

Say goodbye, over chat

As of last week, Frontier made the transition to online, mobile, and text support. According to the airline, the shift allows passengers to "get the information they need as expeditiously and efficiently as possible." Eliminating customer service by phone will help lower the airline's labor costs and speed up transactions, according to Jack Filene, Frontier's Senior Vice President of Customers...

Complete article:

https://simpleflying.com/front...-support-over-phone/

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had success with writing and mailing a letter. Your problem is simple to describe and you can offer a reasonable remedy. I have had some success as well putting it in an email. CSR via the phone sucks.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Yep. Personally I like Southwest and I'm willing to pay extra for it.

But I prefer flying over flying, even if it's across the country.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, you have found the only effective means of communication. File a complaint with the CC company. I've found Chase is most effective at getting your money back. At worst, you have to sign an affidavit.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
one usually gets what they pay for

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good luck 2x with Breeze Airlines.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post