SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Chase Ink declined my credit limit increase
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chase Ink declined my credit limit increase Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I called Chase today to request a credit increase. I've used their Ink card exclusively for business expenses for a little over a year now. It has a $95 annual fee but I easily get that back in rewards points concerning the amount of fertilizer and equipment and parts I buy. So far I've paid zero in interest by paying the card off weekly.

They declined my credit increase. Reason: insufficient use of chase ink card.

I would like to use it more but I don't use it enough to get a higher credit limit to allow me to use it more. Makes total sense, yeah? Friggen boneheads.

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Chase Amazon card for cash back. Using and paying it off several times during the billing cycle to maintain a zero balance.
Chase takes days to process my payments.
Often refuses to take a payment with the message that I am overpaying too much.
Will tell me my payment is due when my balance is zero.
My experience with Chase is hit or miss. I will dump them if and when their connection with Amazon ceases.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
... I will dump them if and when their connection with Amazon ceases.
They are getting dumped as soon as my cash rewards equals the $95 annual fee.

I'd use my Discover but my supplier doesn't accept it.

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Weird.

I've used Chase for decades now, and they've always been top notch for me. Right up there with Amex.

Have you tried calling? Or was this an automatic reply?

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Have you tried calling?
Yes, this was all via phone call. According to my records I ran $23037 though the Chase Ink card last year.

posted Hide Post
I got a Chase Citicard with a $15500 limit & after a few months purchased some knives online using the card. They put the card on hold as I was "buying weapons". I paid the card within 30 days & have never used it again.
Sorry I looked & it was a Citicard not Chase.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anush,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4246 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
I got a Chase card with a $15500 limit & after a few months purchased some knives online using the card. They put the card on hold as I was "buying weapons". I paid the card within 30 days & have never used it again.

Wow. Never had that happen with my Chase card, and I've gotten firearms.

Completely agree with your course of action, although I would have given them an ear full, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I made a couple orders from kershawguy.com using my chase card since the knives were for the business.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I use the Chase Amazon card for cash back. Using and paying it off several times during the billing cycle to maintain a zero balance.
Chase takes days to process my payments.
Often refuses to take a payment with the message that I am overpaying too much.
Will tell me my payment is due when my balance is zero.
My experience with Chase is hit or miss. I will dump them if and when their connection with Amazon ceases.

I also have a Chase Amazon card...mind as well get the points if I'm making Amazon purchases anyway

Chase usually processes my credit card payments in 1 business day...on the other hand, they are very slow in processing my mortgage payment

I guess it depends on how much you're overpaying. I always pay the outstanding balance plus any pending charges

Their "Payment Due" notice is automated and has nothing to do with the balance on your card

I've had Chase cards for years, starting with a Slate, adding a Amazon, and adding a Freedom for the zero balance transfer to get caught up after the pandemic

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
I got a Chase card with a $15500 limit & after a few months purchased some knives online using the card. They put the card on hold as I was "buying weapons". I paid the card within 30 days & have never used it again.

I paid for my IDPA and USPSA match fees using a Chase card. I also make my reloading purchases using the same card. Maybe those don't fall under their "definition"

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strange. I have two different chase cards and they regularly push me to raise my credit limit (which I refuse.) I pay them with Zelle from their website, and I get confirmation of payment via cell in minutes if not seconds.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Strange. I have two different chase cards and they regularly push me to raise my credit limit (which I refuse.) I pay them with Zelle from their website, and I get confirmation of payment via cell in minutes if not seconds.
It is strange. My credit score is 812 and I’ve never had a late payment. I guess I don’t need them.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I've had a Chase card for over 10 years. They were very good. Gotten a few free flights with their travel rewards card. Last few years I feel they have gone downhill. Used to get great CS when you called them. The last few years have not been so great.

I've thought about changing and dumping them but first I need to find another card I like and I need to use my travel rewards before I do.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16374 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
You pay it off weekly and they claim you don't use it enough? I suspect the reason they don't want to increase your credit is for the simple fact they aren't making any money off of you.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
You pay it off weekly and they claim you don't use it enough? I suspect the reason they don't want to increase your credit is for the simple fact they aren't making any money off of you.

/Paul Harvey has entered the chat

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I'd use my Discover but my supplier doesn't accept it.

Might ask your supplier if they'd consider opening a small credit account for you directly. They'd get 3-4% more, depending on the credit card haircut he's been taking.

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Chase has given us outstanding service both with credit cards and bank services. So much do that I am keeping them despite their pushing ESG and other work stuff. OTOH Jamie Dimon insists US has to fund oil exploration.

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Chase and ask them on the phone.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Call Chase and ask them on the phone.
I called them. That’s when they denied me.

posted Hide Post
If they won't accept Discover then they probably do not accept American Express. I use Amex blue business plus for work and it has good rewards, no fees and excellent customer service.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post