SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Careless or Dyslexic Fed Ex Drivers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Careless or Dyslexic Fed Ex Drivers Login/Join 
posted
Over the past month I have had packages left on my doorstep that are not mine. The street numbers are correct but it is always a different street sometimes miles away. The Fed Ex drop off is a thirty minute drive and Fed Ex has the crappiest system to report the problem. Even with the tracking number, the chatbot refers to voice customer service with a half hour wait.

At least the USPS has a system. Place the package by the mailbox and write return to sender.

Any ideas? I am not driving around to find these people. I delivered four packages last week to the guy next door.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've delivered a couple of packages to my next door neighbor...she can't cook so she gets Hello Fresh delivered to her house.

I've got to say that FedEx has the absolute worst tracking system of all the carriers. Even USPS has better tracking, something that's hard to believe.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Any ideas? I am not driving around to find these people. I delivered four packages last week to the guy next door.
Maybe "Schedule A Pickup" on the FedEx website? It's on the drop-down menu on the "Shipping" tab.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will try that. Thanks

Have to open an account, enter credit card number etc.

No wonder their costs are so high.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe create a label, shipping to the original addressee. I used to use FedEx (no more), and there used to be an option to bill the shipping cost to the recipient. In this case, there really should not be any shipping cost, but that ploy should get you to the point where you schedule a pickup, let FedEx sort it out from there.

This was left at your home? Or at your business?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there's a phone number for the recipient I call them and tell them to come get it. I've dropped stuff off around the corner or down the street.
It's neighborly. Otherwise I leave it out so FedEx can come back if they realize they screwed up. I don't spend any time contacting FedEx. I don't work for them.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Home.
I could not find a number for the recepient. I guess most people have a cell phone these days.

Thanks for the suggestions

posted Hide Post
I would email corporate and let them know of the mistake. I would also let them know that they need a better system for reporting mistakes. As berto said, you don’t work for them and you owe them nothing. One email and I’d wash my hands of it.

Posts: 904 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Home.
I could not find a number for the recepient. I guess most people have a cell phone these days.

Thanks for the suggestions
the phone number is sometimes on the Fedex label near the address. If they don't supply one it usually says 999-999-9999

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. All 9s here.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe a FedEx drop box near home or, more likely, office? You can find the nearest one at this website: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/dropbox.html.

Also, many Walgreen stores and Dollar General stores have FedEx shipping / receiving service, so FedEx trucks visit them on a daily basis; you might be able to leave the package(s) at one of these locations.
Something I would consider as a last resort: the package has the name and address of the intended recipient. Maybe mail a brief letter, telling recipient that their package was delivered to you in error and they can either contact you at <phone number> or they can contact FedEx to arrange for retrieval. Let them do the "sit on hold for an hour" thing, and let them take out their frustration on FedEx.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Also, many Walgreen stores and Dollar General stores have FedEx shipping / receiving service, so FedEx trucks visit them on a daily basis; you might be able to leave the package(s) at one of these locations.

We are fortunate in this small town, far away from any shipper's depot, to have a certified UPS, FedEx, DHL shipping point/store. I can drop off/ship packages, to be picked up each day. Originally, it was a combined shipping/vacuum cleaner repair store. The wife ran the shipping side, the husband the vacuum cleaner repair (no Dysons, please). They retired, and it was bought out, now a combined shipping and computer repair store. A small business that thrives here.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the shipper's phone number is on there, call them to tell them it was delivered to you. The shipper might have options to open a complaint.

If there is a way to see if the same driver is involved, you might be able to make a case that the driver can't follow directions.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the suggestions.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Yup, I have a FedEx driver that leaves my packages at the wrong house. I finally figured out where he was leaving them. I filed 2 different complaints of package not received and never heard a peep back from them. Now I just go pick them up at the neighbor's house.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FedEx dropped a box of guns to a school last week. If I get a package and it’s close I’ll drop it off otherwise I treat it like a Xmas gift.

Posts: 72 | Location: Delco and LBI | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a mailman that was the same.

It's not hard here on the south side, going further south, the numbers get bigger...
99th Street
99th Place
100th Street
100th Place
101st Street
101st Place

Even number houses on the north and west side of the street, odd on the south and east.

Not too fuckin hard, unless you're stupid or lazy.
We got mail for people 2, 3, 4 blocks away, different side of the street...

At least it gives me an excuse to get out and walk the dog a little longer.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BoatsNbullets:
FedEx dropped a box of guns to a school last week. ...

FedEx mistakenly delivered 6 rifles to Chester High School, police said

Vinny Vella, The Philadelphia Inquirer - Wednesday

A FedEx worker accidentally delivered six rifles intended for a private collector to Chester High School on Friday, according to Chester police.

"The delivery — six boxes containing .30-caliber M1 rifles — was dropped off Friday afternoon, Chester Police Commissioner Steven Gretsky said. Within minutes, the driver realized his mistake and contacted police, who were able to pick the guns up Monday and give them to their intended recipient.

“It really was just an honest mistake; the addresses are very similar,” Gretsky said. “Everything was legitimate, and no charges are going to be filed...”

Complete article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ice-said/ar-AA11306C

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not FedEx, but USPS...

https://wgntv.com/northwest-in...ck-in-porter-county/

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
contacted police, who were able to pick the guns up Monday and give them to their intended recipient

That's a nice thing for them to have done. Kudos, Chester PA police! Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post