SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Texting while driving - heads down
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texting while driving - heads down Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In my county, claiming your brakes failed at the accident is not unheard. Often an officer checks your brakes at the scene. If pressure builds, as normally felt at the pedal, the officer uses his assessment and the driver's statement to cite driver when appropriate.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Many drivers here text while stopped at stop light. We gotta' beep the horn when light turns green to get their attention.

At least they can't hurt anyone while stopped.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
A couple years ago, a text and drive asshole about killed me. I was on my motorcycle coming down the interstate and a car veered at me. I got a really good look at the inside guardrail, but I didn't go down. When I got caught up to the twatwaffle, she was texting and driving with her knee.
I sold my bike the next week. That was the closest I came to a really bad crash, and it spooked me.

We were recently in Gatlinburg TN and were at a boot store. I noticed our salesman was wearing tennis shoes and in the course of the sizing, etc., process he told us he had lost his leg.

Turns out he was on his motorcycle and a texting young female turned in front of him and he hit her car. He lost his leg and she was OK. Never did find out her punishment.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sons cruiser was hit by someone on their cell.

Son picked the guys cell off the floorboard and the person on the other end was still talking.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post