SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Selfies suck. Courtesy is not common.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selfies suck. Courtesy is not common. Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The duck lips selfie is gag inducing and indicative of idiocy. Roll Eyes

And with that comment, this NEEDS to be posted... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
HAHAHA!!! I was looking for that EXACT thing, but I was looking for memes...not Youtube vids. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin This country is doomed. "I weep for the future" - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Sadly, they have even generated their own line of merchandise, to assist taking selfies. Like selfie stick.

You're looking at it the wrong way.
It's used to assist others in beating the idiot with.
Wink

The selfie stick is quite useful. Use it to hold the phone in a wall cavity, engine bay, above a top shelf or other hard to reach spot and see what the heck is going on.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
this is what came to mind when I read your post

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:2

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 1996 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
The selfie stick is quite useful. Use it to hold the phone in a wall cavity, engine bay, above a top shelf or other hard to reach spot and see what the heck is going on.
OH...silly you! You're thinking way too logically (which will NOT be tolerated here) and using the stick for something useful. You're TOTALLY disregarding the use of most, which exceeds the realm of MORONIC.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The duck lips selfie is gag inducing and indicative of idiocy. Roll Eyes

And with that comment, this NEEDS to be posted... Wink

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OpKEGtLsjnA" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That was good.
Unfortunately, all his friends will like his selfie and he'll feel good about himself for a little while. When he's feeling down and needs that ego boost, he'll do it again.
This isn't age related either as I've seen people in their 40's do this too. Much more younger crowd doing this but don't think it's just them.
Knew a girl in her early 40's that loved taking selfies. Every time I saw her out with her husband, it was non stop.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I can't remember a time I took a selfie.

The only selfie taker around here left a year and a half ago. She wasn't in her 40's but 50's and still does it today.

LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME!

I am glad my dogs have not figured out how to use the phone....LOL

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a sign several weeks ago that read:

"In case of fire, please call the local fire department or 911 before you take a selfie or text the fire".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Even Mayhem agrees "this is gonna get 10's of 10's views.....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And could someone PLEASE explain to me the significance of taking a picture with your tongue sticking out??? It really looks stupid. Adults do this too!!!!

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Fun fact: More people die each year taking selfies than from shark attacks. Link

Posts: 10827 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My Daughter got so tired of the stupid duck lips selfies a few years ago she made her own to poke fun at them to post. It seems she may have inherited my sense of humor.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Occasionally we do a quickie... um no not THAT quickie... well actually. Big Grin

OK Moving on,

Occasionally I will take a quick selfie of us when documenting a pleasant occasion, road trip or just whatever.

So ALL selfies suck?

So do these of us suck? Cool

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
^^^She looks great! But holy geez is HE UGLY!!

Big Grin

Oh wait, boss says we can't comment on physical appearance... What I meant to say is, wow, is that a knarly ugly tree in the background there, eh?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
^^^She looks great! But holy geez is HE UGLY!!

Big Grin

Oh wait, boss says we can't comment on physical appearance... What I meant to say is, wow, is that a knarly ugly tree in the background there, eh?

Got a laugh out of that ^^^^^

All in good fun Para!

Sorry to be so in your face but thats as long as my arm is... Wink

Now... if thats you in your avatar... Eek