SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who stop you to chit chat when you are wearing headphones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who stop you to chit chat when you are wearing headphones Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Fucking hate this. I will be jogging and some ass hat will start talking to me so I have to stop, remove my headphones, just so I can hear their lame ass small talk. Take a hint!

People also love to start talking the second I put my stethoscope on and put it to their chest. A.) now I can't hear your lungs/heart B.) and I still didn't understand a word you said because it all sounds like you are under water! Shut up until I'm done listening!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
You could just continue jogging while pointing to the ear bud in your ear while saying, "Sorry, can't hear ya," with a smile.

But then again, you might fall into the sinkhole they were trying to warn you about.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
You could just continue jogging while pointing to the ear bud in your ear while saying, "Sorry, can't hear ya," with a smile.

But then again, you might fall into the sinkhole they were trying to warn you about.

Well if there's a Sink hole in the middle of the city then the world is probably coming to an end anyway.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted Hide Post
Just like when you're reading and keeping to yourself. "What are you reading? What's it about?" Mad

Posts: 1715 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously, get over yourself. Do you think someone can see your little earbud while your bouncing up and down jogging?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Yeah they are white and hang down past me ear lobes so yeah. Before those they were bright neon orange so yeah.

Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well if there's a sink hole in the middle of the city then the world is probably coming to an end anyway.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I will keep an eye out next time I go for a run I Central America. I'm sure most people who live in Guatamala city actually wish the world ended.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Seriously, get over yourself. Do you think someone can see your little earbud while your bouncing up and down jogging?

You mean you don't automatically check to see if someone is wearing earbuds/headphones when they're exercising? Even if I'm not going to talk to someone, I tend to see if they're tuning out the world.

Dusty's rant reminds me of the time a friend of mine tried to hit on a cute young lady by asking her what she was listening to. She replied, "music," and totally shut him down.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Happens at work all the time. First time I point to the earbud in my ear. After that I just smile and nod.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78

People also love to start talking the second I put my stethoscope on and put it to their chest. A.) now I can't hear your lungs/heart B.) and I still didn't understand a word you said because it all sounds like you are under water! Shut up until I'm done listening!

This +1000!!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

You mean you don't automatically check to see if someone is wearing earbuds/headphones when they're exercising? Even if I'm not going to talk to someone, I tend to see if they're tuning out the world.

Dusty's rant reminds me of the time a friend of mine tried to hit on a cute young lady by asking her what she was listening to. She replied, "music," and totally shut him down.

Not if they're jogging or running by you on a sidewalk

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you are the guy he's complaining about then. Why would you even bother someone jogging past you? Do you really need affirmation that is a nice/shitty day out? Couldn't you just strike up a conversation with someone who's not in the middle of exercising instead?

And you told him to get over himself? Do you think, maybe you are the one that needs to get over yourself, if you think your small talk is worth interrupting someone's work out?

I wear my head phones sometimes with nothing playing just to keep people from talking to me when I am busy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I don't understand stopping someone who is running just to chit-chat regardless of earbuds.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get the fuck outta here with that. Yes. People can and do see that. And if they can't see it, they should reconsider trying to talk to people who are exercising.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you are the guy he's complaining about then. Why would you even bother someone jogging past you? Do you really need affirmation that is a nice/shitty day out? Couldn't you just strike up a conversation with someone who's not in the middle of exercising instead?

And you told him to get over himself? Do you think, maybe you are the one that needs to get over yourself, if you think your small talk is worth interrupting someone's work out?

I wear my head phones sometimes with nothing playing just to keep people from talking to me when I am busy.

I don't stop anyone on the sidewalk to chit chat.......however, I don't see how it's a big deal.....if the OP finds it to be a big deal, then don't stop and just keep running......there are a lot bigger things in life to worry about IMO.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
"I have headphones on. I can't hear you" - as you jog off into the sunset.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post