SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    All I'd like is a call back from my adjuster....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All I'd like is a call back from my adjuster.... Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted
Got into an accident a couple weeks back, got nailed while in my parked truck by a moderate sized commercial vehicle. Since I was parked I had no seatbelt on and got some minor-moderate injuries. Nothing critical, but enough that needs to be dealt with.

Luckily I have full coverage on my truck so I already have the process started on getting that fixed without having to wait for the other carrier. However I've tried reaching out to the other carrier for the injury portion to get the ball rolling on that, and to handle some minor property damage that my carrier won't likely cover.

I waited a couple days for the claim to get filed, which is no big deal. It's a national company and it takes a day or two for things to process. Once the claim was filed however I immediately left a voicemail for the adjuster. Also when calling for the adjuster's info I asked if he does property only or both property and injury, to which I was told that if I talked to him and advised of injuries he would send that part to another company to handle. Okay...

Fast forward to today and multiple calls and voicemails later and I haven't heard a thing back. Including after leaving a voicemail for his supervisor a few days ago. This is so far outside the norm of normal contact procedures I can't even believe it. So, with that in mind I filed a complaint this morning with the Division of Insurance. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

I'm not expecting the claim to be settled at this point by any means. All I'm looking for is a simple call back.

Did I mention that I spent years as a commercial insurance liability adjuster?

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, I was in an accident rear ended. My insurance company was pretty much like yours. I went and contacted an accident attorney.

The process still took about a year before I got my due but, at least, I knew someone was on the case as the attorney didn't get paid until I did.

The claims adjuster still gets his paycheck no matter what happened in my case so he had no vested interest.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm lucky. I've had the same insurance agent for 30 years and I've always gotten prompt attention from them.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have had only one claim like that, same experience with adjuster. I'll bet it's standard procedure to ignore and stall

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got rear ended years ago in my truck. Car got demolished but it hit my tow hitch so truck was still driveable (you could tell tailgate was off and bed was tweaked, but still ok to drive…

No big deal, a little sore following days, but nothing crazy…. I’m not a believer in the in a wreck need a check attorney shit so tried to just deal with insurance company myself, but it was impossible to talk to someone and I work during the day I don’t want to spend hours trying to get a hold of people…. Finally just got an attorney so they could deal with the BS of trying to deal with the insurance people

In hindsight I probably should have just filed a claim with my insurance and let them deal with getting their money back from the other insurance company…. But insurance companies suck

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I guess I'm lucky. I've had the same insurance agent for 30 years and I've always gotten prompt attention from them.

I should specify that my insurance company has been great, it's the other company that's being a pain.

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i called the state insurance commissioner years ago, after getting the same type runaround on an auto claim.

got a call the same day from that same rep that had been giving the runaround from insurance company with settlement offer.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I totaled the wife's car last Fall. The adjuster for my insurance company was totally non-responsive. Naturally, Covid was the excuse. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Ryan, send me an email I have a friend who practices Injury/Property/PI law she’s excellent in recovering from insurance companies here in Massachusetts.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Ryan, send me an email I have a friend who practices Injury/Property/PI law she’s excellent in recovering from insurance companies here in Massachusetts.

I appreciate the offer. Luckily I have a few years under my belt as an auto liability adjuster, and have a couple friends who worked the bodily injury side. So I know the right moves to make and what to ask for when I do eventually talk to them. However should this need to go to litigation, I will certainly take you up on that.

posted Hide Post
I've learned the best course of action is to file a claim with your insurance company and then let them go after the other drivers insurance company. This is what has worked for me in the past to my satisfaction so something for you to consider instead of attempting to run down the adjuster yourself.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I did for the property damage side. But for the bodily injury portion I have to go through the other carrier.

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Well I managed to get a call back after calling the main office again and they sent an email to the adjuster, their manager and their manager's manager.

Adjuster apologized profusely, and offered to get the ball rolling on the damage to the truck. Told him that was already underway and to simply activate the BI claim.

And now we wait for the new adjuster to be assigned...

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Spoke to the new adjuster not too long after my last message. However the guy clearly has no clue what's going on with anything.

Didn't know I was in the vehicle, even though I told the other adjuster I was. The other driver said the truck was unoccupied. Even though he had to move his truck for me to get out. He asked for my adjuster's info, and I asked "Would you like the property adjuster or the injury adjuster" "both" he said. After I gave it to him he said "okay thanks I'll be in touch"

2 minutes later he calls back. "Hey I forgot to ask, were you injured?"

Roll Eyes Yes.... yes I was.

Gave him that info and he was on his way. The level of incompetence is astounding. However it should pay off a little for me as they never responded to my letter requesting their insured's policy limits, which per Mass law they have 30 days to do or they owe me $500. So I get a free $500.

posted Hide Post
Get this gal! Better hurry though there are some issues.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I guess I'm in about the same situation, except I don't have any interaction with them as I've never filed a claim or had a problem of any kind.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Got a letter from the new adjuster's company advising me that the case has been transferred to the adjuster's manager. I'd be willing to bet that they think I'm BSing them since the FedEx driver said my truck was unoccupied.

And here we go...