SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    iPhone commercial celebrating rudeness
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone commercial celebrating rudeness Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I’m not sure why I’m surprised at anything anymore, but this commercial surprised me. It depicts a woman, presumably a mom, filming a child running a race. The point of the ad is to show that the new iPhone can record shaky video and stabilize it automatically. But the commercial shows a woman filming a child running a race and pushing other spectators out of her way while the background song repeats “get out my way, get out my way…” repeatedly.

At least the comments on the video are largely calling them out for it.

Sorry for the stupid “review video” I couldn’t find the actual commercial by itself.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a really dumb ad with people acting selfish

No way that heifer could keep up with that kid

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
It's okay because she's a minority so she deserves to be able to knock people out of her way.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Likewise for the auto braking car commercial. They cast a character who deserves run over, and want you to like VW for that safety feature??

ummm no ... bad ending

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Likewise for the auto braking car commercial. They cast a character who deserves run over, and want you to like VW for that safety feature??

ummm no ... bad ending

Yep. Watching that commercial and the crap that hipster was doing I was cheering on the VW to smoke him in the crosswalk!!

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'm baffled at why everyone feels the need to take pictures and videos of fargin' everything nowadays. Jeebus! Put the damned phone away and just enjoy the event.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Personally, I'm baffled at why everyone feels the need to take pictures and videos of fargin' everything nowadays. Jeebus! Put the damned phone away and just enjoy the event.

I agree with you there. I still have kids in school so every month or two I’m at some concert or event where kids are on stage, and as soon as it starts hundreds of phones get pushed into the air to record the event. Is anyone really going to go back and watch a 40 minute National Jr. Honors Society induction ceremony? Or even a winter band concert.

I mean whatever, live life via your phone screen if you must, but what really infuriates me is that these people have no respect for anyone behind them trying to actually watch it. It’s come to the point where I get there early so I can get a front row seat so I can see, and even then it’s not uncommon for some parent from the back who showed up late to run to the front and try and kneel down so they can get their pictures and videos.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I bet if someone developed a close radius EMP device that took out phones within 10 meters for a couple of hours or so, he'd be rich in months.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'll grab a few snips of performances [as discretely & unobtrusively as I can] to share with family out of town, otherwise just enjoy it live.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I'll grab a few snips of performances [as discretely & unobtrusively as I can] to share with family out of town, otherwise just enjoy it live.

And there’s nothing wrong with that. I love taking pictures so I’ll always grab a couple of the kids at certain moments, and I’ll grab a video or two in certain cases. But I don’t take a video everything I see.

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
...I’m not sure why I’m surprised at anything anymore, but this commercial surprised me. It depicts a woman, presumably a mom, filming a child running a race. The point of the ad is to show that the new iPhone can record shaky video and stabilize it automatically. But the commercial shows a woman filming a child running a race and pushing other spectators out of her way while the background song repeats “get out my way, get out my way…” repeatedly...

I was thinking I must be the only person in the world that was annoyed by that commercial.
That woman is showcasing the selfish, thoughtless behavior of so many in society these days.
Disgusting.

Someone once said, "I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it". Rude behavior isn't limited to men, that's for sure.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
And not one other parent with size 14 feet could have tripped mom? Then Apple can also show the phones water resistance when she washes the mud off the phone. Wasted opportunity Apple!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Aye yi yi, relax..it's just meant to be a funny commercial.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to Auburn. Tim Cook is now the money man behind the scenes at Auburn. Things are changing and not for the better. This apple commercial has an agenda. The world should get out of the way for those that rank higher on the social ladder.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:

it's just meant to be a funny commercial.
I think that it missed the mark. Maybe a lesson in how not to behave.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Aye yi yi, relax..it's just meant to be a funny commercial.

I understand that it’s meant to be funny. I don’t think it is though.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got to say that moms got great camera alignment skills and is pretty darn quick.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Same. The phone addiction is just out of hand. It’s rampant addiction here on the roads, in the gym, in the grocery store, etc. People cannot put the got damn mother fucker down!

The filming of EVERYTHING. Why? I’ve had people tell me so I can remember X or Y when I’m old. Well that’s just fucking great. Alzheimers or whatever, well when you take the pacifier away from me I’ll just forget again, so what’s the fucking point? People have to record everything or take photos of everything for guess what? Social media. Because their virtual life is more important to them than actually living this one, gifted life, we have been given. It’s sad and pathetic.

I’ll go on vacation when I can actually pull it off, as these days that’s a feat and act of God to be able to leave for a week or two, and I will take next to zero pictures. Why? Because I’m on fucking vacation and want to relax. I don’t want to make phone life a part of my vacation. I also don’t want to lug around a heavy or expensive camera.

Our society has already gone to total shit over these phones and narcissism. But we’re so far from hitting the bottom it’s staggering to thinking about.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Now we will have certain groups off people to go out and buy this product so the can act like the people in the comercail..... There is no way that woman in the video running sideways could have even come close to matching the race runners speed.....And only to use the video taken of the race for bragging rights for the exploits of fruit of her loins....Stupid video. .....just like the truck / car / motorcycle / atv /etc vehicles driving at unsafe speeds over broken terrain slipping and sliding around almost loosing control all the while with great big smiles on their faces.. Then when the vehicle breaks down and brought in for repairs because
they were mimicing the videos the customer wants to get mad at the dealer for equipment failure but not wanting to take responsibility for the operators stupidity. .................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our society has already gone to total shit over these phones and narcissism. But we’re so far from hitting the bottom it’s staggering to thinking about.

And yet, here many of us sit, in an Airport, at the traffic light, on the toilet, using our iStuff or Androids to read and post on the internet LOL.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post