SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Flip-flops and Tourists

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Flip-flops and Tourists Login/Join 
posted
Great responses and looks as though we are trending away from liking the californians with compromised shoes. Everyone on the thread who lives in a "destination town" is done with it by now? Come on, February?

Want to talk about motor homes and travel trailers? Pulling boats, fake Jeeps, ATVs?

Posts: 5 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: March 26, 2020Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The combined wheelbase of an out of state truck + travel trailer + trailer with ATVs is gazillions of feet on a two-lane state highway. Down the Swan Highway that can mean a back-up of miles.

Tourists, please pull over and let us pass.

Posts: 5 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: March 26, 2020Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Dude, your other thread is still running, why start another about the same thing three days later?

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I like flip-flops.

Tourists? Well...

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Flip Flops are from our beloved alien god herself.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Tourists go home, but leave your cute daughters.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Alaska, things really changed the 2.5 to 3 months of tourist season.
  • restaurants that were excellent September to mid-May, became a turn and burn establishment that didn't give a shit if they gave you what you ordered. Therefore, other than business meals I quit going tourist season.
  • it sucked if your favorite restaurant or bar made a tourist blog or magazine. 1 to 1.5 hour waits during tourist season. Therefore, other than business meals I quit going tourist season.
  • I could drive across town after a winter storm faster than I could with all of the darn tourists driving 15 mph
  • yada, yada, yada

I said all of the above to share my favorite Alaska tourist joke.
  • Halibut season, the bag limit is 2 fish
  • Moose season, the bag limit is 1 moose
  • What's the bag limit tourist season?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
    Picture of FlyingScot
    posted Hide Post
    Blew out my flip flop, stepped on a pop top…

Oh - something else? Yeah not a fan of tourists, Californians or New Yorkers - but they are here in droves. Of course they vote as Democrap so eventually we may lose. Feels a bit like the 80s movie the blob…

But hey, embrace the South and don’t be a liberal d*ck and maybe it will work out. Our not.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post