SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Karenization Of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Karenization Of SIGforum Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents — except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone wants to speak with the manager.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've posted a couple a times after having too many adult beverages.
Maybe cut him a break.

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

Actually, the manager is wanting to speak with him!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I've posted a couple a times after having too many adult beverages.
Maybe cut him a break.
That is not even close to an excuse, even if it did happen, which is nothing but a wild-ass guess.

Let's be clear on something- I will not tolerate this kind of shit. You have a complaint? Then, you contact me and state your case. This shit is unacceptable.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I'll bow out.

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The OP …

Confused

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Two days ago, I saw a rig that would haul that tanker. You want out of here? You talk to me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

Actually, the manager is wanting to speak with him!

Brilliant!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I'm sorry, I'll bow out.
When I said I won't tolerate this kind of thing, and complaints should be sent to me directly, I wasn't referring to your suggestion that we give the man the benefit of the doubt. I've always said that complaints about this forum, posted in the open forum, are unwelcome. When someone talks about the "Karenization" of this forum, it is most unwelcome, especially since it is untrue and in this case, because it was done in such a vague fashion that I have to figure out just what he's yammering about.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Two days ago, I saw a rig that would haul that tanker. You want out of here? You talk to me.
You have to read that with a heavy Australian accent. I really wanted to buy a Chevy SS so I would own one of "The last of the V8 Interceptors, a piece of history." The Holden Commodore SS outlived the Ford Falcon XR8 by two years.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
With clues lent by others, I think I may have decoded it.

NO SPOILERS

Refers to me (and possibly others) requesting people not post spoilers to threads discussing movies and TV shows.

NO DISCUSSIONS • NO COMMENTS

Refers to a couple meme-/photo-only threads that are to have memes or photos only posted, with no discussion or comment?

FUN ONLY

No clue.

NO QUOTING

Possibly refers to para asking members to stop quoting, re-quoting, re-re-quoting, re-re-re-quoting the same content over, and over, and over, and over again, ad nauseam? And to stop always full-quoting prior comments, when a snippet, for context, will do?

SPECIFIC CONTENT ONLY

Refers to complaints of people hauling threads off-topic? Perhaps para's direction to keep politics out of apolitical threads?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Since it seems lost on at least a few members around here, I'll remind you guys that the reason members put "no quoting, no discussion, etc" in the subject lines of photo/meme threads is because that is the way I want it. People browse photo/meme threads to see...what? Photos and memes. These threads are not intended for, nor do they benefit from, posts which do not contain the content for which these threads are intended.

They put "no comments about appearance" in certain of these threads because this is a very long-standing policy in the forum. Unwelcome comments tend to derail threads: the comments themselves, the members admonishing those making such comments, and the surly admin showing up to shut down the melee.

This forum isn't on auto-pilot. It's not unattended. If there is something amiss, I'll know about it before too long, whether by my own discovery or by members using the post reporting feature. So, anything you see going on for a long time, such as certain threads or the subject lines of these threads, you must assume this content has my approval, and if you have a complaint or a concern about any such thing, contact me via the email address in my profile or by using the post reporting feature, which appears in the lower right hand corner of every post.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

FUN ONLY

No clue.

SPECIFIC CONTENT ONLY

Refers to complaints of people hauling threads off-topic? Perhaps para's direction to keep politics out of apolitical threads?

Probably referring to the "Cadillac meme" regarding the 'President's day sale' and the following meme to 'Delete' the above meme because it mentioned "President's" and was therefore considered a political thread.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mentioning President's Day does not fall under political discussion. We have rules, policies and guidelines, but it is not our intent to confuse or unnecessarily admonish members, or be an inflexible, unreasonable hardass.

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Mentioning President's Day does not fall under political discussion. We have rules, policies and guidelines, but it is not our intent to confuse or unnecessarily admonish members, or be an inflexible, unreasonable hardass.

Which is why I think Woodmans post is directed more at tatertodds meme than at Sig Forum in general.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

NO SPOILERS

Refers to me (and possibly others) requesting people not post spoilers to threads discussing movies and TV shows.

NO DISCUSSIONS • NO COMMENTS

Refers to a couple meme-/photo-only threads that are to have memes or photos only posted, with no discussion or comment?

FUN ONLY

No clue.

NO QUOTING

Possibly refers to para asking members to stop quoting, re-quoting, re-re-quoting, re-re-re-quoting the same content over, and over, and over, and over again, ad nauseam? And to stop always full-quoting prior comments, when a snippet, for context, will do?

SPECIFIC CONTENT ONLY

You trying to win a p228 out of this lol Cool

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So far the most entertaining aspect of this whole thread is that the OP, who up until this very thread had been making multiple posts per day, has gone completely radio silent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post