SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Karenization Of SIGforum
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Karenization Of SIGforum Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A great thing about this forum is when you mess up and admit your mistakes there is true forgiveness.

On the subject of forgiveness I cannot say I see the same thing happening in social media or many other internet forums.

I was briefly a moderator for a group of Glycine watch enthusiasts. That was an eye opening experience. It is not an easy thing to, especially when you consider the drastic changes and stress people are experiencing and have been suffering through the past few years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/vsRR7Y6MawQ

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The delay or ignoring just makes it worse.
Get the comeuppance when it’s due & over with.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
At work, a gentleman wrote an email that didn’t make sense. Recipient was concerned, and stopped to see the person. He complained of pain in his head. He was rushed to the hospital and was immediately operated on to remove a brain tumor. When I read woodman’s OP, I can’t help but think something might be wrong.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
To that point, the OP's post is thoughtfully constructed. It's not word salad, nor confused.

I'm not thinking zebras.

Could be wrong, but I am betting not.

And prior reply, "delaying/ignoring" when asked for an explanation is not going to help.

FWIW, the OP was not signed in soon after the post, but was signed in after being asked for explanation, then signed out since.

When you fuck up, step up, face it and deal with it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Some dogs ARE brown!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Some dogs ARE brown!

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
At work, a gentleman wrote an email that didn’t make sense. Recipient was concerned, and stopped to see the person. He complained of pain in his head. He was rushed to the hospital and was immediately operated on to remove a brain tumor. When I read woodman’s OP, I can’t help but think something might be wrong.

We've had something similar happen here in the past. The posts were a little more out there than this one, but it had occurred to me that it could be something similar.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scary thing is , I think I get what he's saying . It was just a weird , convoluted way to say it .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I respectfully disagree but I am possibly interpreting it wrong.

To me a karen is more or less two things, a caustic busybody and a snitch hell bent on inflicting misery.

I don’t see that here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Well, two of them are no doubt the picture/meme threads.

Well shit, since this is a callout thread, the OP is one of the ones who kept getting the original meme thread fucking locked in the first place. It's the rules and the people who play them that are the problem, see? Roll Eyes

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
the OP is one of the ones who kept getting the original meme thread fucking locked in the first place

Well, I guess we know why he did it now anyway.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
This thread is hilarious! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It puts the post on the forum or it gets the hose again.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

NO SPOILERS • NO DISCUSSIONS • FUN ONLY • NO QUOTING • SPECIFIC CONTENT ONLY • NO COMMENTS

Well...shit. That doesn't leave too much does it?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Slowly, the mist cleared.

This is about freakin' meme threads?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Someone is busting a big fat blunt

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Crap it IS about the meme thread.

LOL - To quote my Uncle Rob, “The room just got bright”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Including, but not restricted to, the meme threads.

"NO SPOILERS" refers to threads other than memes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post