SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The laziest begger ever!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The laziest begger ever! Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Guy sitting there in a nice folding chair, bottle of water begging for money! Is it any wonder I never give these people a dime!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Well, he is a disabled senior.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of people making a ton of tax free money doing this.

We ought to sell beggar franchises.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He wouldn't be there if morons didn't oblige and hand him $.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
He wouldn't be there if morons didn't oblige and hand him $.
^^ THIS ^^

Monthly giving to a local food bank or homeless shelter is much better for the community

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23086 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole thing must be a joke. The guy doesn’t even have any artificial limbs!

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I bet he has a BMW or Audi parked around the corner.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16481 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Around here the panhandlers union will drop him off at 7:30 and pick him up at 4:00. Look for the blue Honda Pilot.

The guy will look down like he is sad, but usually they are streaming movies on a phone (newer than mine) behind the cardboard sign.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The best I recall seeing was a man in a wheel chair in New Orleans. All his sign said was "you know what I want".

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17238 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I recently saw one with a sign that read "Why Lie? I Just Want Beer Money".

I was amused.

Posts: 11810 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't feed stray cats, and they won't stick around.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I amazed to see their overwhelming and dire circumstances seem to disappear if it rains. Or snows. Neediness is weather related, apparently.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
There was a dude years ago that used to hang around Short Vine in Cincinnati.
His sign said give me some money or I’ll kick you in the face.
He was in a wheelchair and had no legs.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25336 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
There’s a guy that sits holding a sign almost every evening that I see on my way home. Sits on the grass, can’t even get up to work the line of stopped cars at the traffic light.

I need to sit at the park and ride that’s a few hundred feet away from his “jobsite” and see what he drives off once he knocks off for the day.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a guy hit me up in the Home Depot parking lot once. I wanted to tell him that if he would trade in that $600 mountain bike he was riding he would have some meal money. Instead I just said no.

I've seen him around town since then. Same bike.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, you heartless uncaring winners in the lottery of life! You could have chosen to be a loser, too! So much easier than preparing yourself by taking advantage of public education opportunities, getting out of bed every day and showing up for work, refusing to indulge in recreational drugs, actually accepting responsibility for yourself.

We are the suckers, we deserve to pay up now.

(credits to Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and a hundred others seeking to buy Paul's vote with Peter's money).

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only one I was tempted to help was one who was honest with the sign “Why lie? I need a beer.” Almost went to buy a six pack for him. The honesty was refreshing.

Posts: 391 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I recently saw one with a sign that read "Why Lie? I Just Want Beer Money".

I was amused.

one grocery store location I managed had a few bums that would pass thru,

one guy, for a few months before he moved on, would stand at the parking lot entrance,
once he got a few dollars, he would come in, walk around a bit to cool off, then grab a 12 pk of cheap beer and a rotisserie or 8pc fried chicken and leave,

he did this 4-5 days a week,

I am fairly sure he was in a group home or 1/2way type house somewhere close by,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate beggars at the corners. Drives me crazy when I see people giving money to these people. Even more annoying when they look like able-bodied individuals because there are now hiring signs EVERYWHERE… especially now..

There was one on one of the corner down the road from my work a couple years ago that had a sign that said I bet you can’t hit me with a quarter. I found it humorous at least….

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
I was driving the same route for a week. I got to see several baggers along the rout. Then I notice they were on shifts.one guy was replaced by another. Same guys everyday. As one was on a wheelchair, it’s likely that they had a organized shuttle service.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post