SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "COVID-19 safety" order delays
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"COVID-19 safety" order delays Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Seriously. It's been 2+ years since the pandemic. It's time to stop using COVID as an excuse for your business.

I ordered some floor mats from one of the larger car part online stores on Friday. I just got a message stating that my order was delayed. No big deal.

However, their explanation was: "Due to COVID-19, we're ensuring all of our suppliers and warehouse staff take extra precautions for your safety and theirs. As a result, orders will take longer to ship than usual."

Right. I get it. I mean, it's so much harder to fill orders in 2023, what with all the current mandatory shutdowns, sweeping mask mandates, social distancing requirements, extra special sanitizing measures, etc. I just hope your warehouse workers are safe. Bless you for showing up for in-person work in such trying times. Ya'll are the true heroes. Roll Eyes

I don't mind order delays... But can we just get back to the real explanations of "Your item is backordered" or "We're going to have to drop-ship this from the manufacturer" already, like it was pre-2020? It's well past time where using "COVID safety precautions" as an excuse for an order delay was reasonable.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Forgot to update the website? That in itself is pretty lame.

Posts: 27968 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But did you listen to their menu carefully as some options have changed? Another one that drives me nuts.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's ridiculous. Where I work, there are still large groups of people still teleworking because of the coof. Dude came in last week saying his wife tested positive and so he got to telework.
I had the coof and I won't lie, it was a decent flu. It wasn't the worst, but I'll give it props for making me sweat out a fever. The only reason I know I had the coof is because I took an antibody test to avoid the jab. Who knows if I have had it since then. If I never take a test, I can never have the coof.
I bet people will be clinging to the coof to their advantage for years.

Posts: 670 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not just the employees, but businesses figured out customers would accept that crap during covid, and I doubt if they've replaced to original staffing levels. Or maybe they can't find people to hire.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Got them today, drop-shipped from the manufacturer.

So nothing COVID-related about the order delay. They just don't keep inventory on hand.

As expected.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
COVID? It’s over, otherwise our government wouldn’t allow open borders.

I need a script for crazy pills.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post