SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toasters!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toasters! Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
We've had a Cuisinart CPT-160P for years.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/QUOTE]

I just looked, I've got a Cuisinart CPT-160 in my pantry. I don't use it much, I prefer my Breville Smart Grill (a real workhorse) but it does work fine when I use it.

I *think* I got the CPT-160 about 13 or so years ago. Still have the instruction manual (printed in china).

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Fine rant! My cheapie toaster does one thing that really pisses me off: It wont lift the toast high enough for me to remove it without toasting my fingers. Mad
The spring is weak . Mine does the same thing . Lift up on the lever and it will raise the toast a little bit .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:

Fine rant! My cheapie toaster does one thing that really pisses me off: It wont lift the toast high enough for me to remove it without toasting my fingers. Mad
The spring is weak . Mine does the same thing . Lift up on the lever and it will raise the toast a little bit .
When I used a pop-up type toaster, I would lower the lever a bit, then snap it up quickly. The toast would be tossed up and I would (try to) snag it at the top of the arc. That worked most of the time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just stick a butter knife in and pry the toast slice up!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading this rant, I decided that life is too short for two slice toasters. And once again, SF has cost me money!
I purchased:
Hamilton Beach Four Slice Easy Reach Toaster Oven.
(Horno de la Tostadora in Espanol for your cultural enrichment)
My budget was $50 to $80, since this is an intermittent, light duty appliance. It hit the sweet spot at $65. Amazon reviews ranged from high praise to "it burst into flames"! So I rolled the dice.
Range report:
Locked and loaded with 4 slices of Yooper grocery store common ordinary white bread. Turn dials to toast and stand fearfully nearby with a fire extinguisher and watched results. Its manual dials may turn out to be a little fiddly until I get them down pat. Toasted a little slower than my 2 slicer, but it works and no open flames!
Pros:
The roll open door is detachable for cleaning and its operation prevents your hand from getting burned while reaching into the thing.
No electronic timers or screens to learn. Just manual dials, which to me is a plus. The timer actually ticks! Very old school tech.
The racks and pans fit well and slide in and out easily.
Cons:
Construction and durability may be an issue long term. Pretty lightly made. 5 year warranty but I pay to ship to ship to factory and back. That will make it a throwaway item.
Cleaning its interior may be a PITA.
But it works! Next test will be with hamburgers and sausage patties.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B...&th=1&language=en_US

Tempted by this item.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post