SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the dog pictures
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the dog pictures Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

At one point, I had three dogs, all mutts. I stopped by the butcher shop and brought home three big beef leg bones and tossed them to the dogs.

A few minutes of bristling hair, flying spit, growling and barking, and one dog had all three bones cornered and was taking on all comers.

"I'll fix HIS little red wagon" I sez, and gathered up the bones, went to my bandsaw and cut them up into 30-odd little bone rings. Tossed them back to the dogs.

SEVERAL minutes of bristling hair, flying spit, growling and barking, and the same dog had all the bones and was taking on all comers.

Finally had to pick up all the bones and throw them in the trash...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

My parents had a dog that ate like the one on the right, only worse. He practically inhaled food and had to be swallowing it whole, because I don't think I ever saw his jaws move.

It's a lab. That is what they do.

THey don't chew, they don't savor, they don't even eat... One bite, and one swallow. Then look at you wanting more.

Mine does the exact same, except she has black fur.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Big Grin ^^^^^I wasn't expecting the ending Eek ^^^^^

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
Guess whos been snacking on yard candy?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Dog fails Big Grin...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/kMhw5MFYU0s

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Dog themed Larson cartoons...

Ahahahahaaaaaa!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8193 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My "puppy" is now over 35 lbs. She's no longer easily carried around. I still do it. When I get home, she runs up and jumps in my arms (I taught her that) Going to be an issue once she passes 70 lbs.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

One of my friend's dogs that he used to hunt grouse and was trained to respond to hand signals.

Then one day his wife said "it is either me or the dogs" of which he had three or four. Frown I haven't seen him since the mid 70's.

One day we were deer hunting in the Appomattox-Buckingham State Forest and here comes this guy with a fawn. Bill said " Why don't you put him in your hunting pouch?" Just another memory I will never forget. Big Grin

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
He's better at hunting wabbits. Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d9U_wEfieY

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My "puppy" is now over 35 lbs. She's no longer easily carried around. I still do it. When I get home, she runs up and jumps in my arms (I taught her that) Going to be an issue once she passes 70 lbs.

In hindsight, you probably shouldn't have let a puppy do what you don't want a full-grown dog to do.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post