SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pinched nerve
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pinched nerve Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Pain killers don’t work on nerve pain. When I had a smushed disk pressing on a nerve, I was given gabapentin. It really helped until I was able to get a series of shots of steroid into my spine.

I still have the feeling of tingling in my left palm, thumb and two fingers….but it’s nothing like the feeling of having you arm dipped in lava.

Best of luck.

I've been dealing with back pan aka pinched nerves for years. Take Gabapretin. I got the steroid shots at first, but after the 3rd time quit, because it wasn't having any effect.
And I Learned the shots, used frequently could denigrate spinal nerves more.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I herniated L4-L5 and L5-S1 10 years ago. I dealt with occasional flare ups on my sciatic never over the years, when I did too much heavy lifting. I just had PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injected last year, and boy do I feel great. I went to a company called Regenexx locally and its been an amazing year. It's the pre-cursor to Stem Cell and worked amazing for me. Good luck finding a procedure or medication that works for you!

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post