SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    GB tried to rob me. So, gents, help me massage my response to them. ** UPDATE (p. 3) - case resolved **
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GB tried to rob me. So, gents, help me massage my response to them. ** UPDATE (p. 3) - case resolved ** Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I'm familiar with that page, been editing orders a few times today to add shipping and insurance to stuff I sold the past 2 nights, (can't add until the buyer reviews)

unfortunately most buyers don't realize that GB lumped them all together,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And that's why I say they are scumbags for lumping everything into the item's sale price to calculate the tax.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should be illegal in most states (If not all) to charge sales tax on labor and shipping.

I think I'd take the recommendation of h2oys (on pg 1) and see what would happen with that email.
And include the screenshot from your post on pg 2.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

Should be illegal in most states (If not all) to charge sales tax on labor and shipping.
I do not know about shipping, but I do know about sales tax for labor, at least in Florida.

I run a small business; I have to follow the rules per the Florida Department of Revenue.

Let's use a repair shop as an example. Sales tax is always charged for parts. It may or may not be charged for labor, as follows:

If the customer is charged for labor only, there is no sales tax charged.

If the customer is charged for parts only, or for parts and labor, then sales tax must be collected for the total bill.

Here's a crazy, but accurate, example. Suppose a thirty-nine cent part needs to be replaced. Replacement is very complex, requiring many hours of disassembly and reassembly to replace the thirty-nine cent part, let's say a thousand dollars for labor.

If the customer just buys the part to replace it himself, sales tax is charged for thirty-nine cents.

If the customer brings his own part, there is no sales tax charged for the shop's $1,000.00 labor.

If the shop supplies both labor and the part, for a total of $1,000.39 (thirty-nine cents for the part and a thousand dollars labor to install it), sales tax must be collected for the total amount.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ that's fucking nuts!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is crazy. Here's more: I own a fleet of carpet cleaning machines ("steam cleaners"), that I supply to hardware stores that rent them to do-it-yourself customers.

When I buy repair parts for these machines, I do not pay sales tax on the parts because the stores collect sales tax from the retail customers.

Let's say I buy some machine screws and washers and lock-nuts. No sales tax. But if I need to buy a screwdriver or a wrench to install the hardware, I pay sales tax on the tools because the tools do not become part of the rental unit.

This means that in order to follow the letter of the law, I have to tell my supplier to go through the invoice, line by line, and mark each item individually as taxable or non-taxable. Either that, or generate two separate invoices, one for taxable items and the other for non-taxable items.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
** UPDATE **

Jackasses finally took the seller's fee and the sales tax out of the latest statements they sent me. Doesn't change my opinion of them trying to charge me while the case was still in dispute. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't sold anything on GB in a few years, maybe 5. But I get weekly emails from them about the sales tax. The most I use the site for is a price check on items I might sell locally.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General observation about support at GunBroker, in addition to the issue noted in OP.

I saw two auctions that looked fraudulent (2 sellers both with 3 listings each for the exact same gun, same pictures & serial #s, same exact language in listing - both new sellers / no feedback).

Opened a support ticket for potential fraud seller, still hasn't been checked a few days later, now one of the sellers has been banned - new feedback has a couple buyers lost at least $1,900.00. Buyer beware and all, but the site had a support ticket in on both sellers. One still active. Roll Eyes

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker has gone downhill since it was sold at the beginning of the year. I can't tell you how many fraudulent and shady sales I have seen. It isn't just new sellers either. In many cases it is coming from dormant accounts with a few dozen sales. Be wary, and do your dilligence.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns....ite-for-240-million/
quote:
AMMO Inc. to Acquire Gunbroker.com Auction Site for $240 Million
By Staff Writer -February 11, 202124

◀Previous PostNext Post▶
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Feb. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE): AMMO, Inc. (Nasdaq: POWW) (“AMMO” or the “Company”), a premier American ammunition and munition components manufacturer and technology leader, is pleased to announce it has entered into a non-binding letter of intent (“LOI”) dated February 9, 2021 with IA Tech LLC for its GunBroker.com business (GunBroker.com), the world’s largest on-line auction marketplace dedicated to firearms, hunting, shooting and related products. The Transaction will involve a merger or business combination resulting in GunBroker.com becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of AMMO (the “Transaction”).

GunBroker.com Transaction

GunBroker.com is the world’s leading online marketplace for the legal sale of firearms, ammunition and accessories with over 6.0 million registered users
GunBroker.com’s estimated 2020 revenue of approximately $60 million, over $40 million of EBITDA, positive net income and strong free cash flow
Purchase price of approximately $240 million, representing a purchase price to EBITDA multiple of less than 6.0x
Transaction further expands upon AMMO’s vertical integration strategy
Current AMMO shareholders will own the majority of the combined company
“This Transaction is accretive to our shareholders and will be another vertical integration milestone for the Company which diversifies our revenue base with high profit-margin business offered through a premier brand deploying best-in-class secure transactional technology,” said Fred Wagenhals, AMMO’s Chairman and CEO.

Mr. Wagenhals noted that “we founded AMMO to be a disruptive technology-based company that could serve the shooting community with cutting-edge ammunition offerings, whether that be for the military, law enforcement, hunting or recreational shooting communities. GunBroker.com is a perfect fit and supports AMMO’s mission across many levels. Steve Urvan had the foresight and entrepreneurial drive to start GunBrokers.com more than 20 years ago with the same spirit and vision. With his drive and intimate understanding of how to serve our collective market, Steve created the world’s largest online marketplace for the purchase and sale of firearms, ammunition, and accessories.” Mr. Wagenhals explained that “the combination made sense to our management team and Board as it expands our ability to best ensure the retail market continues to be served at the highest level while affording AMMO with an opportunity to enhance its sales channels, operating margins and drive increased shareholder value.”

Steve Urvan commented: “I am excited at the prospect of bringing the GunBroker.com technology platform, marketplace, and my world-class team to the AMMO family of companies. GunBroker.com has long been the technology leader in the industry and we look forward to continuing to build innovative products and solutions for our expanding and loyal customer base.”

Pursuant to the terms of the LOI, the parties intend to sign a definitive agreement (the “Definitive Agreement”) and work expeditiously to close the Transaction on or before March 31, 2021. The final structure of the Transaction will be determined by the parties following the receipt of tax, corporate, and securities law advice. GunBroker.com’s enterprise value in the Transaction has been valued at approximately $240 million, which will be paid by the Company via a combination of cash and shares of common stock.

The completion of the Transaction is subject to a number of conditions, including but not limited to the following: completion of mutually satisfactory due diligence, execution of the Definitive Agreement, successful completion of a capital raise, and receipt of all required corporate and third-party approvals, including fulfillment of all applicable regulatory requirements and conditions necessary to complete the Transaction.

No assurances can be made that the parties will successfully negotiate and enter into a Definitive Agreement, or that the proposed Transaction will be closed on the terms and/or timeframe currently contemplated, or at all. As noted above, the Transaction remains subject to a regulatory and Board approval, along with other customary conditions.

Maxim Group LLC served as sell side advisor to IA Tech LLC for its GunBroker.com business.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post