SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Musical Instrument Power Supplies Not Uniform
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Musical Instrument Power Supplies Not Uniform Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Keyboard has need of 9 v DC. But wait there’s more! It requires positive in the center of the power supply connector. Whyfore is it possible to have other musical instruments and pedals with negative in the center of the connector?

Guess which power supply I have?

Isn’t this like having black being hot in some homes and white being hot in others?

Off to the music store go I.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cut the cord and reverse the wire when reconnecting (soldering) and shrink wrapping.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Multi-voltage, reversible polarity:

https://www.amazon.com/SoulBay...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Great ideas! SF always provides solutions.

-------

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Do As per "petr" suggestion.....But double check voltage output with a voltmeter before plugging into anything to verify "polarity" and voltage out............................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of thing you want:

I have an earlier version and it comes with a bunch of cables, some which reverse the polarity. The old simple Fuzz Face circuit has reversed polarity.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I like the zero noise aspect of this suggestion.

-------