SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dave Portnoy EPIC Rant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Portnoy EPIC Rant Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Of course about Pizza. Smile

WATCH: BARSTOOL'S DAVE PORTNOY GOES BERSERK ON "PINK-HAIRED, CRAZY LIBERALS" LOOKING TO BAN WOOD-FIRED PIZZA
BRODIGANJUNE 27, 2023
When it was announced that unelected progressive bureaucrats had a scheme to ruin pizza in New York City, you had to know that Dave Portnoy, America's pizza critic, would be activated. Spoiler: he disagrees with the new rule. And during an emergency press conference, he went off on the pink-haired, crazy liberals who have zeroed in on pizza as the latest thing Americans enjoy that they want to ruin.

"But Brodigan, why do I care about NYC banning pizza?"

For the same reason you need to care about the insane things California comes up with. What starts in NY/CA becomes the latest thing the left supports nationwide. Especially the more they hear people they don't like disagreeing with it.

Sorry, not sure how to embed the twat but it is EPIC.

https://www.louderwithcrowder....ve-portnoy-pizza-ban

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/stoolpresi.../1673461233230442497

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8909 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m lost. What is banning pizza supposed to accomplish?

Posts: 960 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
I’m lost. What is banning pizza supposed to accomplish?

They are not banning pizza, they don't want pizza made in a wood fired oven. Screw em.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
They are not banning pizza, they don't want pizza made in a wood fired oven. Screw em.
No. They are not banning pizza. YET! Just give them time...there will be an excuse, just like Barry Onumb-nutz's man-wife banned buying large sodas. So yeah...they'll ban pizza. Eventually.

So that begs the question...What will "they" ban next?? Remember what President Trump repeats on a daily basis..."They're not coming after me. They're coming after YOU. I'm just in their way."

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Is someone going to try and tell me that the few wood fired pizza ovens in NYC are somehow more dangerous to the environment than the estimated 28 million smokers standing outside expelling smoke into the air?

I won't even get into all the ash and butts all over the place.

And hey.... how about all of those coal burning electric plants that are powering your nice eco friendly electric cars?

Give me a break..... this is nothing but control.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37970 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The traditional pizza oven places in NY have a strong lobby......

It won't mean much to anything but the guys who make traditional pies....

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hard to tell if these people are really that idiotic to think that banning coal-fired pizza ovens is going to change anything in the world or if they are just looking for attention.

I couldn't imagine sitting around one day and getting this "brilliant idea" on how to save the world and this was the best I could come up with.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thieves of joy. It's about power and taking away something somebody else enjoys.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23267 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Thieves of joy. It's about power and taking away something somebody else enjoys.

Sums it up quite nicely!!! Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
First, and I mean it, they need to ban private owned helicopter and aircraft in the entire area. Then slash tourism in half because all the planes that fly into JFK and LaGuardia. LMAO, fucking idiots.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

First, and I mean it, they need to ban private owned helicopter and aircraft in the entire area.
Why single these out? I was based in that area during the early 1990's, working for the Educational Services division of what was at the time, the third largest computer company in the world, Digital Equipmemnt (remember the VAX?).

I would travel to teach one or two week courses (C Programming Language and various UNIX related topics) all over the country. Many clients were in locations that had really bad airline access, requiring multiple flight changes. I had to schlep materials for maybe a dozen or dozen and a half class attendees. No way the travel could have been done without a crapload of pain if I did not use my own "private owned" airplane.

Of all the General Aviation aircraft based in the NYC metro area, there is legit business use for a large percentage of them.

This rant thread is griping about government control for pizza places and your solution is to add more government control for something else? I really don't see the logic.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30686 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post