SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tourists: Please...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tourists: Please... Login/Join 
posted
This Montana local is getting tired of tourists, especially after last year's COVID-flighters. Please follow our laws and cultural etiquette if you are visiting our state.

1. We are a Joint-responsibility state. If you pull out, step out, fall into the path of anything that moves, it is 49% your fault. Unless you get smacked by wildlife. Then your fault is 100%.

2.Nothing is ever efficiently solved in flip-flops. Montana men don't wear them.

3. Stop means STOP. Don't roll on our signs. Wait your turn. That logging rig takes a long time to slow down for you.

4. We love Trump. So shut up.

5. It may have cattle on it and it may only be a lane-and-a-half but, if it's a state highway, the speed limit is 70. Maybe more. Respect that.

6. If you don't live here in February... Tourist.

7. It only looks this pretty for two weeks. Our other seasons are Winter and Mud. You don't want to move here.

8. That thing is called a sand hopper. It's necessary. Refer to Number 6.

9. You're not special.

10. Your Tesla's not special.

Wish we didn't have to discuss what should be common courtesy, but it is our summer, too.

Posts: 5 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: March 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Should 11. be "stay in CA/OR/WA"?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our beautiful state.

First, spend money, then go home.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Sell MT to Canada

https://www.boredpanda.com/sel...utm_campaign=organic

J/K it's a beautiful state, my Uncle still lives in a tiny town called Bloomfield. These commie cockroaches need to be trained, they are guests

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Welcome to our beautiful state.

First, spend money, then go home.

Just wire transfer the money and stay home.

You can download all the pictures you want.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just took a motorcycle ride through downtown MQT and along the lakeshore.
I believe this is the largest group of tourists I have ever seen in town.
Hurry Labor Day!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My favorite thing to do is tell everyone how we do things back home. That always gets the locals going.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
/K it's a beautiful state, my Uncle still lives in a tiny town called Bloomfield. These commie cockroaches need to be trained, they are guests

Calling Bloomfield "tiny" is very understated. I'm through there several times a year, and I'd still take it over a big city.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have never, ever seen so many out of state plates in Montana in my life. Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and a few from the other states. Crazy.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This is very timely. I'm in Montana (East Helena) this very moment, visiting friends. A good share of conversation has been Californian-bashing, which I have freely participated in. I'm from CA, but don't worry, I'm not staying. Wink

My friends are actually seriously considering relocating, maybe to someplace like South Dakota. As mcrimm mentioned, the actual roads have gotten crazy with expatriate Left Coasters, in danger of turning the state into the very thing they are trying to escape.

And yes, I left my flip-flops at home.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
My friends are actually seriously considering relocating, maybe to someplace like South Dakota. As mcrimm mentioned, the actual roads have gotten crazy with expatriate Left Coasters, in danger of turning the state into the very thing they are trying to escape.

They're like a freaking disease Mad

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Already ruined Texas.

They need to take their asses to Han’s Island. Han will have a tournament. Each Kalifornian must fight another one to stay. The losers will be subjected to death in the fight, permanent dismemberment, or prison where they will be guinea pigs for new designer drugs or just plain old heroin.

Please go back to your Kalifornia. We don’t want you here.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Should I have a Trump bumper sticker when I escape with Washington plates?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Out of staters should be required to wear flipflops to save .22 ammo when they and a resident are outrunning a bear.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Try Alaska. Last I heard, half of the registered cars there are rental cars.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Should be a moratorium: no voting for 5 years after you have moved into a new state. Don't turn the nice, new place into the shithole you just left.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Should I have a Trump bumper sticker when I escape with Washington plates?

No, don't do that! That would confuse other drivers who see it and probably cause an accident. Better to ask the MT DMV to mail you new plates ahead of time and have them already mounted when you leave WA.

I'm going to try and be ready to retire in another couple of years if I can get my financial affairs in order, and the first thing I'm going to do is get the hell out of Oregon. It was a nice place to live when I first moved here 43 years ago. Not so much anymore now that it's been Cali-fornicated. I was born in Montana and the northwest part of it is on my short list of place to move to when I bail out of here. Hopefully I'd be welcomed back.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I live in the Zion N.P. area, talk about tourists!! Locals carry cigarette lighters to burn the toilet paper left behind every tree and rock. Then there's the graffiti. One thing we don't have this year are hundreds of tour buses, we were overrun before Covid. I heard Yellowstone was the same.

Go to a restaurant outside Zion and all you see are CA, AZ and NV license plates.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Flip flops irritate you?

Lighten up, Francis.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't wear cowboy boots at the beach, nor flip flops in Cowboy Country... Taint proper....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post