SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tourists: Please...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tourists: Please... Login/Join 
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Flip flops irritate you?

Lighten up, Francis.

It's a joke not a pecker, don't take it so hard........Francis.

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Shouldn't wear cowboy boots at the beach, nor flip flops in Cowboy Country... Taint proper....

What about filp-flops, shorts, and a cowboy hat while listening to Garth Brookes sing Pink Floyd songs? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
i wish I could say I enjoyed driving through Montana. Went to Yellowstone on a cross country drive. Left the hotel early in the morning. Saw no hotels before nightfall, got stuck driving through some winding mountain roads that had no lights. Hardly any traffic and no trucks. The other cars that were there were driving too fast for me to tag along. Then came the rain, fog, sleet, and snow. We really were scared for our lives. Finally, one truck came by that we were able to follow in the dark. When they stopped at a gas station, we followed and thanked the two people in it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Shouldn't wear cowboy boots at the beach, nor flip flops in Cowboy Country... Taint proper....

What about filp-flops, shorts, and a cowboy hat while listening to Garth Brookes sing Pink Floyd songs? Big Grin

Depends, what song is he singing....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
We are currently tourist in Jackson Wy, my wife just loves this place even mentioned retire out this way. Once I showed her how high the snow would be in winter she reconsidered. I do love the western spirit folks have out in this part of the country. I heard a local address a large group of tourist asking them all where they came from, one group said california without missing a beat he said "Welcome to America" the whole crowd burst into laughter.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
I do all my best solving in flip flops.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2243 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I live in the Zion N.P. area, talk about tourists!! Locals carry cigarette lighters to burn the toilet paper left behind every tree and rock. Then there's the graffiti. One thing we don't have this year are hundreds of tour buses, we were overrun before Covid. I heard Yellowstone was the same.

Go to a restaurant outside Zion and all you see are CA, AZ and NV license plates.

I’ve lived in UT since 1988, never been to Zion, Bryce, or Arches. When asked why, I say it’s because I’d just go to California if I want to be with those crowds. Besides, if I’m going down there, I’m heading straight to Powell. Smile

As for MT, back when I was still trucking, I never had a bad day when I was trucking in MT. Sure, I had hard days, but no bad days. Western MT is beautiful.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
………and we continue to fill up with tourists. Some music festival is 10 miles away and is to attract 10,000 people. Our roads aren’t made for that. We’ve seem at least 8 traffic deaths in the last few weeks, including 2 today. Too much speed & booze.

Tonight, we drove highway 35 home after watching a play in Polson at about 10:30. We make this drive a number of times in a summer. Usually we see 10 cars going south on the east side of the lake. Tonight I would guess we saw 300 headed south while we headed north. This is a narrow 2 lane with lots of curves and minimal passing areas. The speed limit is 50. A couple of cars passed us going at least 80 in double yellow zones. About 10% of oncoming drivers wouldn’t dim their lights. Insanity.

Com’on fall.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I was part of the problem over the 4th of July in the Flathead.
Third trip of the year to the valley, and one day I hope not to leave.

mcrimm
Fall is the best time of the year to be in the Flathead. When the leaves start to change color, best post card around. With a little dusting on top of the Bob.

Hope to be back the end of the month.

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
i wish I could say I enjoyed driving through Montana. Went to Yellowstone on a cross country drive. Left the hotel early in the morning. Saw no hotels before nightfall, got stuck driving through some winding mountain roads that had no lights. Hardly any traffic and no trucks. The other cars that were there were driving too fast for me to tag along. Then came the rain, fog, sleet, and snow. We really were scared for our lives. Finally, one truck came by that we were able to follow in the dark. When they stopped at a gas station, we followed and thanked the two people in it.

You sound like the kind of tourist the OP is talking about. Isn't Montana's fault you didn't plan your trip. To include distance between motels and the year round possibility of inclement weather.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
We are currently tourist in Jackson Wy, my wife just loves this place even mentioned retire out this way. Once I showed her how high the snow would be in winter she reconsidered. I do love the western spirit folks have out in this part of the country. I heard a local address a large group of tourist asking them all where they came from, one group said california without missing a beat he said "Welcome to America" the whole crowd burst into laughter.

You know that those of us in the rest of the state don't consider Jackson a part of Wyoming, don't you?

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the flip flop thing was funny . I get it . Here we get annoyed at the people that say they are planning to visit New Orleans and want to know the best place to eat real Cajun food . Roll Eyes

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Flip flops irritate you?

Lighten up, Francis.

No, its people trying to look like men who wear them. Do you own flip flops? Have you ever been seen in public wearing them? Those should be the first two questions on the man card application.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inusuit:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

You sound like the kind of tourist the OP is talking about. Isn't Montana's fault you didn't plan your trip. To include distance between motels and the year round possibility of inclement weather.

I didn't get to do any of the things the OP was talking about since I drove through Montana in the dark. That was my first cross country drive and, no, we didn't plan stops. That was the intent of our trip. Do you always start out perfect the first time you do something?

The second cross-country trip, we did decide no driving in the dark or in the SUV at gas stations like we did the first time. I used Waze to plan fill ups at Loves and I used the Best Western app to confirm reservations before we got there.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You can pry my flip flops my cold, dead uhhhhhh feet

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
The "west" is NOT the West! Hasn't been since the 1870's. Read "Tough Trip Through Paradise" by A. Garcia, it may give you a little perspective.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Welcome to our beautiful state.

First, spend money, then go home.

Been on the south end now since the early 50's and if'n you get this far down spanish is your friend Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^
Big Grin. True.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Some music festival is 10 miles away and is to attract 10,000 people.

Watch out for growing drum circles...

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
………and we continue to fill up with tourists. Some music festival is 10 miles away and is to attract 10,000 people. Our roads aren’t made for that. We’ve seem at least 8 traffic deaths in the last few weeks, including 2 today. Too much speed & booze.

Tonight, we drove highway 35 home after watching a play in Polson at about 10:30. We make this drive a number of times in a summer. Usually we see 10 cars going south on the east side of the lake. Tonight I would guess we saw 300 headed south while we headed north. This is a narrow 2 lane with lots of curves and minimal passing areas. The speed limit is 50. A couple of cars passed us going at least 80 in double yellow zones. About 10% of oncoming drivers wouldn’t dim their lights. Insanity.

Com’on fall.

That music festival in Whitefish actually attracted over 20,000 people! The LEO's in Whitefish had their hands full all weekend with drunks and fights.

Posts: 65 | Location: NW Montana (Last Best Place) | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post