SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Price of new Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of new Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Damn. I know the prices of everything has gone up for $90k for a base Jeep is kinda steep. That's more like downpayment on a home type of money. Big Grin

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Damn. I know the prices of everything has gone up for $90k for a base Jeep is kinda steep. That's more like downpayment on a home type of money. Big Grin

The house I owned before the one I'm in now I bought for $83,000.00 in 1983 and it was in an upscale town a lot of people wanted to live in.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
The house I owned before the one I'm in now I bought for $83,000.00 in 1983 and it was in an upscale town a lot of people wanted to live in.

Adjusted for inflation, that $83,000 in 1983 would be $236,430 today. Would $236,430 buy that house today?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
To give Jeep a little bit of credit the Wagoneer lineup has two options. The Wagoneer with a base price of 59k and the Grand Wagoneer with the base price of 89k. When looking at the options the Grand Wagoneer is loaded up with electronics to "justify" the price. The "base" Wagoneer would be the vehicle of choice for most and also is more inline with the Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, Chevrolet Tahoe type of crowd. In all reality their product is priced right in with their competition.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2022 Ford Shelby GT500 starts at $73k. Jeep is completely off the mark here.

https://www.ford.com/cars/must...models/shelby-gt500/

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
To give Jeep a little bit of credit the Wagoneer lineup has two options. The Wagoneer with a base price of 59k and the Grand Wagoneer with the base price of 89k. When looking at the options the Grand Wagoneer is loaded up with electronics to "justify" the price. The "base" Wagoneer would be the vehicle of choice for most and also is more inline with the Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, Chevrolet Tahoe type of crowd. In all reality their product is priced right in with their competition.

Agreed, I've seen a few Wagoneers on the road around here, but only 1 or 2 Grands, and those had dealer plates on them.

In person, it still looks a bit smaller than the Tahoe/Expedition but noticeably larger than the Grand Cherokee.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

Adjusted for inflation, that $83,000 in 1983 would be $236,430 today. Would $236,430 buy that house today?

Not a chance. I sold it for $470,000.00 in 2005

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Parked by one at Lowes this weekend, it's a lot bigger than it looks on Tee Vee, it was a good looking vehicle.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I would never even consider a $80k+ jeep. I’d drop that on a used Land Cruiser in a heartbeat.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I would never even consider a $80k+ jeep. I’d drop that on a used Land Cruiser in a heartbeat.

For 80k, you could get into a new Defender, with a warranty.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

For 80k, you could get into a new Defender, with a warranty.

I don’t think a Land Rover product would hold up any better than a jeep.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t think a Land Rover product would hold up any better than a jeep.

I was gonna say you better buy two LR's one to drive while the others in the shop..

Good rule on Land Rovers is only lease them for no longer than the factory warranty term..

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
P250UA5 probably saw my post about buying a used “Land Cruiser” and thought “Land Rover”. Easy mistake. Smile

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
P250UA5 probably saw my post about buying a used “Land Cruiser” and thought “Land Rover”. Easy mistake. Smile

Yup.
Though, from what I've heard, a lot of the LR lineup isn't as bad as they used to be.
But Range Rovers are still built by the drunk 3rd shift on a Friday, for some reason.

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I had a 67 Wagoneer in the 70's, 3 on the tree with a 6 cyl, real dog but would go anywhere. We beat the shit out of it. Maybe should have held on to it.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
Price of SUV's and pickup trucks is insane these days with many of the top 9f the line models in the 80 grand range with entry level models starting in the upper 40 to 50 thousand range. Even cars that use to be affordable like the Toyota Camry are close to 40 grand if you get all the bells and whistles

The AVERAGE new car price is now $47k. The average has gone up like $11k in two years. I can’t imagine it can keep going the way it has been but then I’m always amazed at what people will spend even those that I know how much they make.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People and financial sense have never made good bedfellows in America. What cracks me up is that this Wagoneer at nearly 100k is going to be wildly less reliable than a 30k Toyota/Subaru/Honda sedan, crossover, or whatever.

At the time my Jeep was the most expensive car I’d ever bought. With one glaring exception it was also the worst car I ever bought in terms of reliability.

I’m not a pure EV fan. I do like the concept the EV pushers are selling though that EV cars have almost no maintenance. I don’t know if this is any more true than all the other propaganda surrounding these vehicles though.

I would avoid this like a plague unless your net worth is well into the 8 digits.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Saw the commercial too. In the fine print, price as shown was something like $108K. I said to my wife, "Ain't no way in hell I would pay that for a Jeep." That is Escalade, X7 M series and Range Rover territory.

Pieces of shit, all.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I live in a gated community with nice amenities. Homeowners here are a mix of middle class white collar families, retirees, and a sprinkling of Law Enforcement, both local and Fed.

Most of the homes in my subdivision were built in the mid 1980s, and the original selling prices were just about $90,000 -- a bit more or a bit less, depending on the model and the options chosen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post