SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Price of new Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of new Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Watching TV the other night there was an add for the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wagoneer. Base price $89,900. That is one hell of a base price. There is no way I would/could pay that price for the Jeep. In that price range a Suburban would be the SUV I would want. Way too many problems with the Jeeps. I know the cost of everything is through the roof but that struck me as insane.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if Jeeps are Fiats, Chryslers, or whatever. I do know that Consumer Reports their reliability as being awful, Wranglers too.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
First year production. No thanks.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I won’t be in line to buy one either. I’m not sure I’ve ever been to a Chrysler dealer’s lot.

I don’t think that will change.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For 80K, you could go big and get a Hellcat Durango. Basically same vehicle as the Jeep but with 700+ HP to hurtle your ass down the highway.
3 row seating too! Take the family!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Saw the commercial too. In the fine print, price as shown was something like $108K. I said to my wife, "Ain't no way in hell I would pay that for a Jeep." That is Escalade, X7 M series and Range Rover territory.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Grand Cherokee and Grand Wagoneer are two different models.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
$108,000?

And that is just for one of them?

I'd rather retire.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
For 80K, you could go big and get a Hellcat Durango. Basically same vehicle as the Jeep but with 700+ HP to hurtle your ass down the highway.
3 row seating too! Take the family!

quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Grand Cherokee and Grand Wagoneer are two different models.

The Grand Cherokee (and Durango) is a unibody SUV

The Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer are body on frame & aimed at the Tahoe/Escalade shopper market.

In person the Wagoneer is noticeably larger than the GC.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I was behind a Wagoneer Sunday. Big vehicle. Suburban/Expedition class. Looked nice. Not $100k nice, but nice.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I still couldn’t bring myself to spend that much on a Jeep yet. However, Stellantis (the parent company for Jeep, Chrysler, Ram, Dodge, etc.) has most definitely upped their game with respect to quality. 2 family members just bought new Ram diesel pickups and the quality of construction is impressive. By at least one independent measure Ram build quality measured by number of defects per X number of vehicles was actually higher than Lexus last year.

I’m personally a long, loooonnnngggggg way from comparing the build quality of a Ram from a Lexus, but I will say that I’ve noticed significant improvements. For example the interior quality of my uncle’s new Ram is noticeably better than the 2 year old one that it replaced, and the leather on his limited model is real leather now. I believe that for the last 8 or 9 years at least the quality of the Ram products far exceeded any other Chrysler product, especially Jeep. I also believe that the non Wrangler Jeeps have been some of the least reliable Chrysler vehicles, and I definitely wouldn’t be willing to buy a Jeep at this time, but I’m willing to concede that they may be starting to get their act together. Perhaps they are starting to increase quality on their higher end vehicles first, in part to justify their higher cost? I have noticed that Chrysler vehicle pricing is coming more and more in line with Ford and GM, whereas before they tended to be cheaper when compared model for model and feature for feature. Again, I’m not saying that I’m a believer at this point, but I’m at least open to the possibility that under Stellantis, quality may be on the upswing (even if it comes at significant, possibly required cost).

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
$89K base?

I have never (and hopefully will never) spent half of that on a vehicle.

Can't even comprehend having that sort of resources.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
$89K base?

I've spent close to half of it but that's as far as I go.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes. I spend around 28-30 for my Subaru’s and think cars are getting expensive. I owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Best car I ever owned until it wasn’t. Which wasn’t nearly a long enough time span. Jeep quality is nowhere near Jeep pricing and hence they lose me.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
$89K base?

My 2016 F150 had a MSRP around 47k, but we got it around $10k off sticker.
That was the most I'd gone.

My 2015 Mercedes C300 was a CPO with an original MSRP of $50k, at 3 yrs old & 16k miles, we got it around $26k.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Price of SUV's and pickup trucks is insane these days with many of the top 9f the line models in the 80 grand range with entry level models starting in the upper 40 to 50 thousand range. Even cars that use to be affordable like the Toyota Camry are close to 40 grand if you get all the bells and whistles

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The Wagoneer & Grand Wagoneer are body on frame & aimed at the Tahoe/Escalade shopper market.

From what I've heard, the Wagoneer is based on the Ram 1500 chassis and yet Ram, the truck division of Chrysler/Stellantis, has no SUVs in it's lineup. Maybe they can strip out some of the luxury features in the Wagoneer and come out with a new Ramcharger. Probably would be too expensive if they did though.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

From what I've heard, the Wagoneer is based on the Ram 1500 chassis and yet Ram, the truck division of Chrysler/Stellantis, has no SUVs in it's lineup. Maybe they can strip out some of the luxury features in the Wagoneer and come out with a new Ramcharger. Probably would be too expensive if they did though.

Sounds reasonable.

Also read that the Ram is getting a little brother, to compete with the Ranger. So a 4Runner sized competitor would be neat, too.
Might be too much internal competition with the GC/Durango though.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Dodge has three vehicles in it's lineup and the Charger and Challenger designs are over a decade old. I wouldn't be surprised if Dodge were shut down once they give up on those models and the Durango went to Ram. Chrysler too, which only sells the 300 and the Pacifica.

posted Hide Post
If I was ultra wealthy, maybe but then again I could probably afford something better than a Jeep if I had that kind of money.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post