SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbors!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbors! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
I beginning to think I'm cursed. Almost every house that I've owned, I've had one asshole of a next door neighbor.

Next door neighbors moved out last week. New neighbor who is renting the property moved in this week, looks like a single mom with 2 boys. I'm out mowing my yard this afternoon which is quite the jungle after the weeklong rain. New next door neighbor walks over and interrupts.

Neighbor: "Excuse me could you not do that?"

Me thinking maybe she works shift work or somehow the noise is bothering her and her boys."

Me: "I'm sorry is there a better time that I could do this?"

Neighbor: "No, I just need you not to do it, it's making me look bad. You see, my landlord says he wants me to take care of the yard and it can't look so much worse than yours."

Me; "What?"

Neighbor: "The landlord says my yard can't look worse than yours."

Me: "If it will help, I can mow your front yard that borders on mine over to your driveway while I do mine."

Neighbor: "No, that will just make the rest of the yard looks bad. Could you please just no do it?"

Me: "I've seen that you have a couple of boys. Maybe they could help with the yard work."

Neighbor: "But they're in school."

Me: "It's summer."

Neighbor: "They need their break."

Me: "Sorry like to help, but I'm not going to neglect my property and my home just to make you looks good with your landlord."

Neighbor: "You're an asshole."

Off to a great start! I'm really looking forward to living next for to this...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Da Fuq? Really?

I'd have been speechless. Or maybe not...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
"Maybe I'm an asshole and maybe I'm not, but you're clearly nuts, lady. Get away from me."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Time to break out the fertilizer and weed control and green that sucker right up. Big Grin

Posts: 45324 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it is Alaska. Tell her there are very poisonous snakes that hide in tall grass and if she is bit its a long ride to the ER. You can always call her landlord on the down low.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
i would say that but only as a joke. Or even say you're going to have to mow my lawn too. But to say it seriously... seriously???

I would have just stared at her like she was an alien from outer space.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19575 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Spoiled bitch in the witness protection program

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Time to break out the fertilizer and weed control and green that sucker right up. Big Grin

Twenty some odd years ago the dump next door got a new resident. He was a black guy from Jammica.
My sons thought that was going to be terrific. I didn't care, I'll give anyone a chance. This asshole was better than everyone else. He'd sit on his front porch and drink Michelob. He was too good for normal beer. But then he'd toss his empties out in the yard. We have worthless code enforcement here. So I only put up with it for a short time. Then went to the garage and found the remnants of the yard fertilizer. At 6:00 AM, on my way to work (he didn't work, he slept in after drinking) I tossed/"broadcast" handfuls out on his can and bottle pile. Soon he had a respectable hay field. Still no cutting or yard work, I guess he was too good. But I didn't see his bottle pile.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous request and expectation. But beyond that, you’re the asshole?

I don’t understand the mentality of wanting to live in a shithole if avoidable and especially wanting to drag people around you into it as well. This is a first for me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12681 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000Z-71, was asked the same by my next door neighbor. “Makes my lawn look tacky.” Me,”Eloise, I cut mine at 3”’s. You’re right, it needs cut. Her lawn man was there the next day. The man shows up a day or two after I cut.
We get along just fine now.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’d prolly broadcast some fertilizer on her yard, and wait till it’s a foot tall before I called the health department/inspectors and say I saw some rats in her yard…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Woulda been the perfect time for you to say...
Wait for it...
“GET OFF MY LAWN!!!”

Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of my neighbors are great. I do have a nut living next door on the non driveway side (thank God!!!). She gets all crazy if she thinks my grass clippings get on her property. There isn't any firm property line, I just guess about where the line is within a foot or so. The other side has a great neighbor. A younger divorced guy with two little girls a bit younger than my son. The kids play in their pool together and we take turns keeping an eye on them. When we're on vacation we take turns watching eachothers property, getting the mail, and taking the garbage cans in. Truly how neighbors should treat each other!!!!

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd call the landlord and let them know. Wait until the lawn is about a foot tall, then call the local gov't to report it.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You can be absolutely sure that a person who request such nonsense is absolutely on the govt food stamps and section 8 dole. She is an entitled little bitch that that needs to get smacked the fuck down.

Man, your post pissed me off. I hate scumbag lowlife people. Bitch, get a $50 used lawn mower, put your future prison parolee sons on the back of it, and keep your lawn mowed. What a bitch !!!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd spiff up the yard that much more and often. Maybe the extra upkeep will encourage her to move on.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighbor decided to turn a pasture that borders us into a subdivision.

I'm taking a break from packing up to move as I type this.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
I'd call the landlord and let them know. Wait until the lawn is about a foot tall, then call the local gov't to report it.

And also thank him/her in advance for never again referring to your yard in future discussions with prospective tenants.

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post