SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Customer service personnel who don’t actually read customer questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customer service personnel who don’t actually read customer questions Login/Join 
posted
Or perhaps they’re too stupid or uneducated to understand English? I was considering placing an order for a product that comes in glass jars so I figured I’d check their return policy in case they got damaged during shipping. Read their posted multi-page policy and while it had a lot of verbiage about how to return unwanted items, it said nothing about how they’d deal with shipping damage. So I emailed a question about that specific scenario and asked how they’d deal with it?

Rather than an answer, they gave me the link to their policy which I already knew didn’t address my concern. They suggested calling if I still had questions, but I think I know all I need to based on that response. If they can’t or won’t answer a simple question, I have no confidence they’ll be able to successfully address a real problem should one occur.

So, thanks for your time, but I’ll purchase from someone else who’s capable of actually answering an email. Seems like the dumbing down of customer “service” continues unabated!

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes very common problem. Reading from script in response to questions. Brick and mortar stores usually have more capable personnel, and in the higher end stores customer service is pretty good. I can recall the days prior to technology where it was customary to politely ask for the head of the department to address issues. I am willing to PAY more for good customer service.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
IMO, it's likely that human eyes never saw your email.

I suspect that the software's initial response to ANY email addressed to "customerservice@wedontcare.com" just generates a link to their FAQ.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I think that my most common email message to Peggy@customerNOservice.com includes: "Did you actually READ the question in my previous email message?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30539 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I think that my most common email message to Peggy@customerNOservice.com includes: "Did you actually READ the question in my previous email message?"

I used that approach several times as mentioned in my rant here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9710070754

This morning they FINALLY admitted that what I asked could not be done. Well shit! That only took 4 days and 4 exchanges! Grrtrrrrrrr Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a two way street. I constantly get calls from internet customers demanding to know why their firearm shipment hasn't arrived at their dealer. One today said his text notification from UPS said "flooding in Iowa" was the reason for the delay, then wanted to know what the delay was. Don't these idiots know we have no control over the shipper?

Posts: 17115 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
It's a two way street. I constantly get calls from internet customers demanding to know why their firearm shipment hasn't arrived at their dealer. One today said his text notification from UPS said "flooding in Iowa" was the reason for the delay, then wanted to know what the delay was. Don't these idiots know we have no control over the shipper?

Oh the stories I could tell. Customer walks in, picks up a speaker playing music that very obviously has nothing attached to it, looks at me and goes "Is this wireless?"

Posts: 3652 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post