SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thanks, USPS, for losing the watch my parents gave me. UPDATE: Watch is back in my posession
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks, USPS, for losing the watch my parents gave me. UPDATE: Watch is back in my posession Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That is better than it being "lost" forever.
Hope it makes its way back to you other than by USPS.

They should have never fired the ponies...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
UPDATE: Seiko just called me. They had the watch returned to them yesterday, marked as "undeliverable". I am thrilled they found it, but it yet again goes to show you how screwed up USPS is. I verified the address seiko mailed it to me was correct.

Glad you got it fixed...

We deal in processing claims, checks mailed to our PO Box that we've had for close to 20 years, Since Jan 1 we've had more failure to deliver checks, replacements not delivered than in the past 20 years. In fact working on another right now.

Only thing in common is the USPS and our USPS PO Box. The mail is coming from different companies for different accounts in different parts of the USA.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Great news on it being found!
quote:
I verified the address seiko mailed it to me was correct.
USPS probably mangled the shipping label and made it undeliverable

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Great news it was not lost.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Now the question is by what means will Seiko get the watch to you now? USPS again?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

UPDATE: Seiko just called me. They had the watch returned to them yesterday, marked as "undeliverable".
So, first you were told "The carrier says it was delivered...so it was" and then you were told that it was returned, marked 'undeliverable."

Looks like the USPS can't even lie consistently.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
You said your box locks. Do you live in an apartment?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

UPDATE: Seiko just called me. They had the watch returned to them yesterday, marked as "undeliverable".
So, first you were told "The carrier says it was delivered...so it was" and then you were told that it was returned, marked 'undeliverable."

Looks like the USPS can't even lie consistently.

It could have been "delivered" back to Seiko.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Whoo hoo! It’s been found! That’s the best part. Now…how to get it to you. Good luck with that.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
Watch is back in my hands...or rather on my wrist. They did re-mail it via USPS but fortunately this time they managed not to screw it up.

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a fellow watch collector. Any chance you could post a pic??

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
One plus for a pic!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post