SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thanks, USPS, for losing the watch my parents gave me. UPDATE: Watch is back in my posession
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks, USPS, for losing the watch my parents gave me. UPDATE: Watch is back in my posession Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Years ago my parents gave me a watch as a birthday gift. Ive worn it most days since. It wasnt too flashy or expensive (a Seiko) but a decent watch nonetheless, and a gift from my parents with lots of sentimental value.

Well the watch developed an issue after 10+ years of wear. I sent it to Seiko, paid them $150, they fixed it an sent it back. USPS tracking shows it as "delivered" but it never showed up in my mailbox. I filed a complaint and was told "The carrier says it was delivered...so it was." Thats it. They fail to deliver it, claim they did, and thats the end of it. Now im out the watch and the repair money.

Thanks for using my tax dollars, to lose property with sentimental value, USPS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they seem not to care much where they deliver your mail. Only that they get rid of it somewhere.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Long story short, give it a few days.

Around here they’re infamous for:
  • marking something delivered and 3 days later it’s actually delivered. About half of the posts on neighborhood FB page are from people believing their delivery notice.
  • delivering to the same number but on different street. There are 3 parallel streets in my neighborhood and all 3 have the same 4 digits. I only check my mail once a week so every few months I’m the one delivering the “delivered” package late.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of dwd1985
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    Long story short, give it a few days.

It’s been 8 already

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^ That sucks. Any of your neighbors out of town (i.e. delivered to them)?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    Assuming it had a tracking number, when the carrier used the scanner to show it as delivered, there will be GPS location.

The right person, one who gives a crap, at the USPS can look that up and see exactly where it was scanned, and the time stamp, and go from there. I've found the proper department to complain to before, they did this, and someone jumped in a vehicle and went to the mailbox, or porch, where it was actually delivered, retrieved it, and brought it to me, same day.

Don't expect your local post office counter people to help you, or the post master. They usually view you a bother to blow off so you will just go away and leave them alone.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gone but Together Again.
    Dad & Uncle
    Picture of h2oys
    posted Hide Post
    That’s terrible!

This won’t help for this time but you should sign up for USPS informed delivery.

By signing up you get a picture of the exterior envelope of what will arrive in your mail box that day as well as a list of the packages and source thereof.

So far I’ve never had to use it but if something does not show up, there’s a box to click to say it was not received. No idea if they get serious about that or not.

It would be interesting to see if you signed up today, if your box showed up as part of the informed delivery when it hopefully arrives later this week

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of dwd1985
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by h2oys:
    That’s terrible!

This won’t help for this time but you should sign up for USPS informed delivery.

By signing up you get a picture of the exterior envelope of what will arrive in your mail box that day as well as a list of the packages and source thereof.

So far I’ve never had to use it but if something does not show up, there’s a box to click to say it was not received. No idea if they get serious about that or not.

It would be interesting to see if you signed up today, if your box showed up as part of the informed delivery when it hopefully arrives later this week

I already have that. It only shows pics of envelopes, not packages. The option to select packages not delivered doesn’t exist.

quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    I feel for you. Frown

I just got a letter from the Texas Comptroller that my sales tax payment was late.
    It was due: 3/20/22 > mailed (at my local Post Office) 3/20/22 > Post Marked (per the rep in Austin) = 3/25/22 Eek
    How is it possible that it took FIVE DAYS at the Post Office before they even touched it? Confused
    Hopefully, they will honor my waiver request. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His Royal Hiney
    Picture of Rey HRH
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by smschulz:
    I feel for you. Frown

I just got a letter from the Texas Comptroller that my sales tax payment was late.
    It was due: 3/20/22 > mailed (at my local Post Office) 3/20/22 > Post Marked (per the rep in Austin) = 3/25/22 Eek
    How is it possible that it took FIVE DAYS at the Post Office before they even touched it? Confused
    Hopefully, they will honor my waiver request. Frown

That you have to make a "waiver request" just rubs me the wrong way. "Forgive me, my leige, I am late with your share of the fruits of my labor."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rey HRH:

That you have to make a "waiver request" just rubs me the wrong way. "Forgive me, my leige, I am late with your share of the fruits of my labor."

Ain't Government grand?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Page late and a dollar short
    posted Hide Post
    A couple of years ago the USPS lost a package containing a couple of irreplaceable items. Once the package hit the regional center (Albuquerque) about eighty miles from where it was sent everything well to h-e double toothpicks.

Between the originating office filing a trace and my local post office jumping into the fray it finally showed up about three weeks later, the Priority box looking like it survived a bombing.

To the credit of my local P.O. They did keep me apprised of the search efforts as they received information.

Contents survived though, it’s hard to destroy a 1 1/2” fire hose nozzle and a piece of brass fire pole, both had sentimental value to me.

-------------------------------------——————
    ————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of vthoky
    posted Hide Post
    I've sent an envelope cross-country and USPS has claimed to have delivered it.

I'm staring at it on my desk right now. Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Sorry David, that sucks and it was something dear to you.

Its not just USPS either but just about everyone. I sent samples of my product out to Portland through UPS and they lost the box. Potential customer waited on it and I had to ship another box. They all suck.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get busy living
    or get busy dying!
    Picture of heathtx
    posted Hide Post
    If there was a tracking number on the package, the USPS has GPS tracking on the scan guns that the drivers use. They should be able to pull up the date and tie of the delivery scan AND the location of the scan.

There is no place to hide.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It's possible that someone stole it out of your mailbox, it happens. That's why you should never put bills in your mailbox containing checks, people steal your mail before it's picked up, and created new checks using your account information.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of dwd1985
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by MMSIG229:
    It's possible that someone stole it out of your mailbox, it happens. That's why you should never put bills in your mailbox containing checks, people steal your mail before it's picked up, and created new checks using your account information.

My mailbox locks

Page late and a dollar short
    posted Hide Post
    Have you tried speaking to your Postmaster?

-------------------------------------——————
    ————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    chickenshit
    Picture of rsbolo
    posted Hide Post
    That really sucks.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of dwd1985
    posted Hide Post
    UPDATE: Seiko just called me. They had the watch returned to them yesterday, marked as "undeliverable". I am thrilled they found it, but it yet again goes to show you how screwed up USPS is. I verified the address seiko mailed it to me was correct.