SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Flippin' Under Armour And Their Shirt Sizes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flippin' Under Armour And Their Shirt Sizes Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Why the hell can't Under Armour come right out and say "loose fit," "fitted" or "compression" for each of their products? And why the hell can't they at least have some degree of consistency between their sizes and the three fits?

My gym is running cardio drumming classes. The female half of the ownership has been trying to talk guys into participating--without a lot of luck. I told her, jokingly, "Nah. That's for girls." Then, later, I would, but I'd need a pink tee-shirt Smile, and it'd have to be UA, cuz I don't wear cotton any more.

Finally, just for grins, I bought a pink UA tee. It was reported to be "loose fit" and, knowing their "loose fit" stuff tended to be a bit blousier than I like, I considered a medium. But UA's site insisted that I should wear a large.

Damn thing fits me like a freakin' tent, hangs all the way down to my crotch and has a neck opening big enough for a baby elephant Even my wife, who feels I tend to wear shirts more snug than I should, agreed it looked like hell on me.

So my $18.50 joke shirt just turned into a $37 joke shirt.

I wonder if anybody's interested in a LARGE, very pink, mens UA tee for a Save The Ta-Tas run? Smile

(It's not just this one time, either. I've a large fitted that should be just right. My others are. Nope. Fits me almost like a compression fit. [Which is not a good look for me, right now.])

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem with UA.

My biggest complaint was that they changed the style and fit of their compression boxer jocks.

I never wore them before but when I re-enlisted in what I call the new Army, I was informed men needed to wear them in mixed units.

My old ones were great but the last two to three years the new remodeled ones suck. The legs are tight but the waist is loose and believe me I am not a poster boy for the crossfit games or the cover of M+F (maybe the cover of everday joe sixpack) with huge thighs and a tiny waist.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Why the hell can't Under Armour come right out and say "loose fit," "fitted" or "compression" for each of their products?

And while we're ranting... am I the only one who has to stop and read the fine print every time I pick up a shirt? Let's see... Heat Gear... is that for when it's hot outside, or for when I want to be warmer? Cold Gear... keeps me cool, or wear it when it's cold? Read the danged tag, vthoky, read the tag.

Sheesh.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I have the same problem with UA.

My biggest complaint was that they changed the style and fit of their compression boxer jocks.

I never wore them before but when I re-enlisted in what I call the new Army, I was informed men needed to wear them in mixed units.

My old ones were great but the last two to three years the new remodeled ones suck. The legs are tight but the waist is loose and believe me I am not a poster boy for the crossfit games or the cover of M+F (maybe the cover of everday joe sixpack) with huge thighs and a tiny waist.

Wait...What? Why?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Factory in Indonesia uses one standard of sizes, the one in Pakistan uses another, and the one in Vietnam uses yet another.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it is annoying. My wife always thinks I’m smaller than I am. In her defense trying to remember fitted Large or loose Medium is bs.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Factory in Indonesia uses one standard of sizes, the one in Pakistan uses another, and the one in Vietnam uses yet another.

Apparently so. One would think Under Armour, being a premium brand, would have better QC across its many factories.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post