SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ticketmaster- scum of the earth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ticketmaster- scum of the earth Login/Join 
posted
Its been said before and its worth repeating. The local theater is having a Wizard of Oz performance at our professional football stadium. My daughter loves the Wizard of Oz and would really enjoy it. The stadium uses Ticketmaster Mad

$15 ticket has $18 in fees and charges. You scum of the earth, how do they even sleep at night.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Like a baby, on a mattress stuffed with your money. Nothing like a $60 dollar ticket that's actually $95 by the time it hits your credit card. I don't go to many shows anymore because of stuff like this, but I guess it hasn't hurt them any.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They’ve done this for years.

I really wanted to go see this musician named Regina Spektor in Philly some years back but the “fees” and other BS added another 80-90 bucks to a ticket that was already that cost.

I said screw them and never went.

I love how they called him “convenience fees“ too, just to rub it in. Mad

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I agree gpbst3. My co-worker, who is 71 years old and not internet savvy had me help him get Rolling Stones tickets last year. He got pre-sale prices and the total cost was close to $1,400 for 2 tickets! (He gave me the money and I purchased the tickets on my credit card.)

He gifted them to a friend and then Covid hit and all concerts were cancelled. I've tried multiple times to get his money refunded and Ticketmaster will not refund him no matter what I try. I believe there may actually be a class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster because they won't refund anyone's money from concerts cancelled but with class action lawsuits you never get very much money back Mad

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Its been said before and its worth repeating. The local theater is having a Wizard of Oz performance at our professional football stadium. My daughter loves the Wizard of Oz and would really enjoy it. The stadium uses Ticketmaster Mad

$15 ticket has $18 in fees and charges. You scum of the earth, how do they even sleep at night.

C'mon man.....it's for the children.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
I agree gpbst3. My co-worker, who is 71 years old and not internet savvy had me help him get Rolling Stones tickets last year. He got pre-sale prices and the total cost was close to $1,400 for 2 tickets! (He gave me the money and I purchased the tickets on my credit card.)

He gifted them to a friend and then Covid hit and all concerts were cancelled. I've tried multiple times to get his money refunded and Ticketmaster will not refund him no matter what I try. I believe there may actually be a class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster because they won't refund anyone's money from concerts cancelled but with class action lawsuits you never get very much money back Mad

Have you tried charging them back on the credit card, services not delivered

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

I tried, but too much time had passed between the time the payment was processed and the show being cancelled (technically "postponed.")

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had tickets to a concert scheduled for March 2020 that were purchased through Ticketmaster. Of course the concert was cancelled once the scamdemic took off. The concert was rescheduled for November 2020 so I could not get refunded. This was fine - I get it.

The concert was cancelled again with a TBD reschedule date. I fought for a month with Ticketmaster to get my $180 back. The concert was never rescheduled.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow I went to concerts in the mid to late 70's at riverfront collasium in Cincinnati
I think it was tickitmaster at Shillitoes Department store and I think the price for a ticket
was about 7.50 I may be wrong about the price , but good golly I couldn't see spending hundreds of
dollars to see a concert.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you see the Who at the riverfront?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I used Ticketmaster to get tickets to see Penn & Teller and Mystere in Lost Wages a while back and the price was very reasonable.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote an email to the theater company letting them know my feelings about using ticket master. They stated they have no choice as the stadium contracts with ticket master and they are transitioning back to indoor events at their theater.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Like a baby, on a mattress stuffed with your money. Nothing like a $60 dollar ticket that's actually $95 by the time it hits your credit card. I don't go to many shows anymore because of stuff like this, but I guess it hasn't hurt them any.

Same. I used to be in the industry and had connects so when someone came to town I could make a phone call or two and get a pass to see virtually anyone. I’d just tip the person working the window and thank the GM if they were there. Them days are gone however. I’m going in a few weeks to see someone and saw the fees added. Fuck me. I bought in the first ten rows, higher dollar ticket so the brunt of it is sitting so close. But got damn when the fucker hit my card, yep the blood sucking bitches took their money.

Now they have “insurance” for an extra fee as well, so add that shit in too. But I figured take my ten or fifteen dollars. If the “delta” variant takes a hold in the next few weeks at least I’ll get 90% of my money back if cancelled. Ticketmaster is going to do the whole industry in. Nobody in the industry likes them either. They refer to them as vampires.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Early 70’s In the Detroit area Pine Knob was the big concert venue here. There was a ticket service that added a couple bucks to tickets, that was reasonable in my view.

Also back then I had a couple “ins” at recording studios, I was able to get some passes through them to sold out events around the metro area.

With the prices of concert tickets and my present aversion to large crowds (well before Covid)it’s doubtful I will attend anymore concerts. Only possible one exception, some of my friends are in a bike club, they are having an event later this year, never heard of the band but they have a couple CD’s out, I may go to that event.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I generally refuse to go to shows where Ticketmaster is selling the tickets. I don't go to a lot of big name acts anyway, but if even a medium name act is being handled by Ticketmaster, I won't go.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up seeing some of the greatest rock and roll acts of the 1950's, paying $2.50 for front row seats. Ticketmaster has soured me forever on live concerts.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ticketmaster is largely just the blame-taking-front, by design.

The acts/events/artists/venues have vastly more say than most think.

Part of TM's very existence is meant to be a layer of perceptual protection for the acts.

It's engineered to be a Plausible Deniability sort of thing.

Spread that hate around some, they're all complicit.

The total cost is the only real number, iirc. The rest is obfuscation.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

I tried, but too much time had passed between the time the payment was processed and the show being cancelled (technically "postponed.")

UPDATE to my 1st post:

Today I received an email from Ticketmaster saying the concert has officially been cancelled and my (co-worker's) money will be refunded in full. The concert was in Cleveland, OH and the Rolling Stones are not re-scheduling at this time in Cleveland.

Ticketmaster was nice enough to offer me 1st dibs on tickets which went on sale today for Detroit, MI or Pittsburg, PA Roll Eyes uh, no thanks. I'll be watching for the refund (supposedly within the next 30 days.)

Cleveland Rolling Stones tour stop cancelled

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
They’ve done this for years.

I really wanted to go see this musician named Regina Spektor in Philly some years back but the “fees” and other BS added another 80-90 bucks to a ticket that was already that cost.

I said screw them and never went.

I love how they called him “convenience fees“ too, just to rub it in. Mad

I saw Regina Spektor and Ben Folds in DC in 2019, they were fantastic. Life is too short to deny yourself.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post