SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    permission to view classified section
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

permission to view classified section Login/Join 
posted
how do i get permission reinstated to view classified section? thanks

Posts: 73 | Location: Raymondville south texas | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I can view the classifieds while logged out. Did you happen to run afoul of the regulators? IP blocked?

Posts: 6128 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes i did run afoul with regulator

Posts: 73 | Location: Raymondville south texas | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There is no email address in your profile, so no way for a member to contact you directly, offline.

The grip screws that you are looking for are shown "in stock" on Greg Cote's website..

Greg is a long-time member of SIGforum; his prices and fast shipping are well known here.

They are also shown in stock on the Top Gun Supply website; Tom is also a long-time member here, and Top Gun's rapid shipping is legendary. They have been a reputation for shipping before you order. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tireman:
how do i get permission reinstated to view classified section? thanks

You can post in the the "sig forum office" section and ask the boss. He will tell you if reinstatement is an option and what any conditions are.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3836 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Or webmaster@sigforum.com if you prefer to keep things a bit more discrete.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17238 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You had permissions to access Classifieds and those permissions were revoked. This is not done randomly. In the past, you must have violated the rules to a great degree.

Posts: 107227 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
yes i did run afoul with regulator
Ok, so what did you do that got you banned from the Classifieds?

Understand: Honesty, forthrightness, and... well, repentance goes a long way with around here. Mistakes, screwing-up, even so badly as to overtly disregard the clearly posted rules, are generally pardonable offenses if you show you understand where you went wrong, cop to it, express contrition, and pledge to go forth and do it no more.

Works both ways, too. I've crossed a line (more than once, if memory serves), been called on it, and apologized. He nicked me, once, later felt it had been unwarranted, and apologized for it.

It's pretty simple, really: Be a mensch Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
to be honest it's been a while-but i didnot answer a classified i was in interested in a timely manner,and was reprimanded for that-but i have learn lesson sorry for the infraction.
thanks
Paul

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
to be honest it's been a while-but i did not answer a classified i was in interested in a timely manner,and was reprimanded for that ...
ISTM unlikely anybody'd be reprimanded, much less barred, for expressing interest in a posted WTS/WTB, then dropping it. Unless it was something as egregious as posting "I'll take it," then going radio silent, leaving the seller hanging.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Permission denied. That area is...

classified.

The worse the pun, the better the fun!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2063 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

to be honest it's been a while-but i did not answer a classified i was in interested in a timely manner,and was reprimanded for that ...
ISTM unlikely anybody'd be reprimanded, much less barred, for expressing interest in a posted WTS/WTB, then dropping it. Unless it was something as egregious as posting "I'll take it," then going radio silent, leaving the seller hanging.
I have a vague recollection of that. I think that parabellum asked him, several times, to reply and tireman did not respond, which wound up really annoying parabellum. I think that there were some warning shots fired and when there was still no response, access to classifieds was removed. I might be off on some details, but I'm pretty sure that was the general flow of events.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post