SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Truck drivers who take twenty miles to pass another trucker on a two lane highway.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truck drivers who take twenty miles to pass another trucker on a two lane highway. Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Had to deal with this on a drive back from Texarkana area. Oh my the truckers would keep doing this and brick the highway. A couple of miles, once an hour, ok, I can deal. It was constant man. I couldn’t tell you how many F bombs I left along that highway. This went on for hours. A typical sentence would be “OK fucking great, look at this fucking winner here!” It was maddening at times. A few hours straight on 30 and I barely made it. Traveling and road trips used to be so much fun to me. I loved leaving my area, for a multi-day trip. Hitting the open road, etc. Not anymore. I’ve tried to use the rural routes, instead of the major interstates, and just go ahead and replace the truckers doing this shit with 4 cylinder CUV drivers, mostly older people, who seem to have all week long to make their drive. If the road is twisty it gets hard to pass them. So whether it’s a trucker doing this shit, or an idiot 4 banger CUV driver, it’s just entitlement. No respect for anyone else so throw some narcissism in there to boot.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12645 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Jesus. Hours of this shit today. Mad

Posts: 17176 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Sounds like I8 and I10 in Arizona and California

Posts: 53205 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Interstate 40 between Little Rock and Memphrica, either direction. 130 miles of agony.

Point of fact: That was the exact stretch of road that inspired this thread. It sucked.

For the most part, Tennessee DOT does a great job with our roads, but damn they need to widen 40... corner to corner... all 500 miles... from Memphis to Bristol.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Sounds like I8 and I10 in Arizona and California

Well, I guess I have that to look forward to, lol! Probably rising I10 the rest of the way on in tomorrow. This has been all I40 with these clowns.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would follow a truck for several miles while he goes under the speed limit. When I got in the left lane to pass he would speed up to match me.
Governed at 67. When I backed off to get behind him, the cars in the right lane would bunch up right behind the truck and wouldn't let me over,
then they are all mad at me.
Sometimes you just can't win.
I was never in a hurry, I got paid by the hour.

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Truck drivers who take twenty miles to pass another trucker on a two lane highway...
...going uphill. Mad

Posts: 9055 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Would it be too much to ask the slower truck on the right to slow down even more so the truck on the left could pass quicker? Or none of these truck drivers give a shit about cars behind them?

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

None of these truck drivers give a shit about cars behind them.

Fixed it for you.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Would it be too much to ask the slower truck on the right to slow down even more so the truck on the left could pass quicker? Or none of these truck drivers give a shit about cars behind them?

The truck being passed has no obligation to fall out of his power envelope to facilitate a pass. The truck who couldn’t complete the pass should fall back, and the passenger vehicles should give him a lane to get in.

Trucks get shit on by “me first” cars every single day. The next time you’re tempted to pass, then cut across his bumper so you don’t miss your exit, you should think about it a little. This happens to trucks almost daily. Makes it hard to give courtesy when you don’t receive much.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
This guy is in the 'what about' crowd.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some observations: Over the course of roughly 3,500 miles, the places where this happened the most frequently, there was zero highway patrol presence. The places where it happened not at all were the places where there were troopers everywhere. As a result, the most pleasant leg of my journey was from Albuquerque south to Deming and then, inexplicably on I-10 up to about Tucson. That's where things went to shit.

Conclusion: People will drive like entitled pukes when nobody is looking, be they a granny in a Prius or a commercial trucker.

And as always, the absolute dickest-of-the-dicks had California plates.

posted Hide Post
I don't see this happening too often where I live. Usually, there are two speeds for trucks here, hauling ass, run you over fast, or 10mph under the speed limit slow. The worst offenders are the rock haulers, they're flying down the highway, jockeying through the traffic, and sending rocks into every surrounding cars windshield.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3540 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
One of my BIGGEST peeves while out and about on the highways.

Truck “A” going 57 mph in the right lane on a rural, divided highway with 2 lanes each direction and a 60 mph limit.

Truck “B” going 57.2 mph decides it is IMPERATIVE to pass Truck “A” and so, even with traffic approaching in the right lane at 65+mph, pulls out to “pass”.

Then, over the next 6-8 mins it takes to pass the “slower” truck, a backup of 15-20 cars develops and once the offending truck finally passes the “slower” one, it is like a green flag is dropped on an Indy race.

if you can’t even maintain the limit, or 5-10mph over the traffic in the “slow” lane staying out of everyone else’s way just seems like the courteous thing to do.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10945 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a class B CDL holder, I completely agree with you!

I personally think they do that crap on purpose just to piss people off.

When I’m on the road, I ride the right lane my whole trip. Whether I’m doing 40mph or 65mph, I’m getting to my destination.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
If you do this, you ought to be strung up your balls.

Slowly.

Very slowly.

No, slower than that.

Should take as long as it took you to pass the Amazon truck.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Encountered this a lot on I40 starting in Amarillo thirty years ago. Don't know if it's the same now, but Texas reduced the speed limit for semi trucks, so we started calling it the Texas Roadblock.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post