SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    NRA wasteful practices.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA wasteful practices. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
There are so many better organizations to donate to. The NRA is an outdated and bloated.

They're also the only one with the resources and clout to make a difference in Washington D.C.

The Congress critters are blissfully unaware of any other pro gun organizations and why is that? Because the others do little to nothing on a national level. Some are good on the local level though, like the AzCDL in Arizona.

Negotiating
Rights
Away
Was CL3 dealer in 1986 that said to hell with the nra.

Posts: 94 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My range/gun club required NRA membership for a few years. I got a life membership from somebody on here (I think) for $300 (it was definitely $300, I think it was from somebody on here). They have probably spent that $300 mailing me shit to get me to upgrade to the Deluxe Ultra Mega Charter Platinum Lifetime membership or whatever the hell the latest NRA brass ring is.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Sadly the NRA is the lobby that causes fear in DC. And the board knows it, so they don't advocate for their members like they should. Just be the PAC of "no' and send tons of flyers out soliciting for more money instead of trying to actually trying to make guns laws that stay out of the law abiding citizens lives, but make criminals think long and hard before even touching a gun. New blood, and I mean new board members and leadership at all levels is badly needed.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent the latest renewal form back to them in the postage-paid envelope provided. In lieu of money I simply wrote: "not until Wayne Lapierre is gone" on the form. I plan to continue this until 1)WLP is in fact gone, or 2) they wise up and stop sending me renewals in the mail.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I didn't renew with them this year. Wayne has got to go or they can lend me their jet so I can take personal trips with it.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I let my membership lapse. I can't conscious their wastefulness. I give to other 2A organizations now, primarily the FPC.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I became a Lifetime Endowment member a number of years ago and actually don't get any of those solicitation anymore....

but to answer the title question... what they have wasted the most money on is simple:

Wayne LaPierre

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post