SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    NRA wasteful practices.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA wasteful practices. Login/Join 
Picture of sig sailor
posted
I was out of town for a couple days and came home to a full mailbox. In there were not one but two, letters from the NRA telling me it was past time for me to renew my membership. Well okey, but there was also a free gift from the NRA because I had renewed my membership about a month ago. Mad All the things going on in the world, make this seem small, but why waist money like that?
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1670 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that the two items happened at the same time more or less, and your renewal hadn't been posted yet.

But I could be wrong.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The biggest waste they have is WLP. Until he's gone, I won't be giving them anymore of my money. They keep sending me mail, though. It gets thrown away without being opened.

Posts: 13037 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
There are so many better organizations to donate to. The NRA is an outdated and bloated.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Today, I received a "Final Notice" letter from the NRA yet again. I didn't return the last one but since they're lying sacks of shit they didn't live up to their promise to quit asking for $$$.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23084 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
There are so many better organizations to donate to. The NRA is an outdated and bloated.

They're also the only one with the resources and clout to make a difference in Washington D.C.

The Congress critters are blissfully unaware of any other pro gun organizations and why is that? Because the others do little to nothing on a national level. Some are good on the local level though, like the AzCDL in Arizona.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

They're also the only one with the resources and clout to make a difference in Washington D.C.

The Congress critters are blissfully unaware of any other pro gun organizations and why is that? Because the others do little to nothing on a national level. Some are good on the local level though, like the AzCDL in Arizona.

Negotiating
Rights
Away

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
More likely a poor transport issue at the post office, mail is being delayed like never before, and post covid no reason really.

We're seeing two week delays on some mail and in many cases multiple non delivery of mail when we know it's been sent.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I just love getting those "Final Notices" too telling me how my membership expires this month. I'm renewed until 2026. Who programs their membership data?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1853 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
I just love getting those "Final Notices" too telling me how my membership expires this month. I'm renewed until 2026. Who programs their membership data?
I'm an endowment life member and still receive the "final notice" for upgrading to patron.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23084 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They know that life members are dead beats so they don't bother us. Big Grin

Maybe we should send Wayne some of our old ties instead of giving them to the Salvation Army. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
The biggest waste they have is WLP. Until he's gone, I won't be giving them anymore of my money. They keep sending me mail, though. It gets thrown away without being opened.

I agree^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I'm an endowment life member and still receive the "final notice" for upgrading to patron.

It doesn't get better. I'm a benefactor life member. Nowhere to go from here. But I still get the "renew your membership" and "final chance to upgrade" to some super-special whatever club. I never read them, so I don't know. I have told them before that they won't see another dime from me as long as WLP is running the show.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16258 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They seem big on all kinds of weird health insurance offers. I get multiple envelopes full of that crap from them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get zero from them in the mail, and I've been a life member for maybe ten years.

Agree with others that WLP needs to go, but he seems to own the board.

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Worth repeating until everyone gets it.

quote:

Negotiating
Rights
Away[/QUOTE]

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Advertising by nature is wasteful and not unique to the NRA.

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A couple weeks ago I renewed and upgraded my Second Amendment Foundation membership. The other day I got email notice from UPS of a delivery coming from them? WTF? Why?

Package arrived, a box and a "framed" certificate, membership card, some other nicknacks, a pin, stickers and what not. I have to say it was really disappointing. Take my money and put it to work, don't waste it on that stupid shit.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I figured out their hypocrisy when they gave their support for John McCain and in his interview in the American Rifleman he flat out said he was in favor of reinstating the Assault Weapons ban and passing Universal Back Ground Checks....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I let my membership lapse . When the Board overwhelmingly voted that idiot back in I knew it was over for me .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post