SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A new low in Phone Recordings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new low in Phone Recordings Login/Join 
posted
After the usual twelve prompts you get. All Representatives are helping other callers with NO Pause. Just like a broken record. It could be a form of torture. I hung up after a minute. What are these people thinking?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wait until you get upset that the rep came on in the middle of a good hold song, then you've truly mastered being on hold.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That has happened before. I just sing along.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are these people thinking?

They are thinking that people will hang up and call another time.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
Years ago, attempting to address a service dept problem with the GM at the BMW dealer, I was stuck on hold 30 minutes and the music was one song looped over and over. It just HAD to be Wilson Philips "Hold on for one more day." The GM failed to understand the irony of their hold music. Mad Roll Eyes

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Within the last month, I’ve called both the Maryland Comptroller and the Motor Vehicle Administration. After wading through the ridiculous phone trees for both, I’ve gotten recordings telling me that they’re experiencing unusually high call volume, please call back later, and then CLICK! Not even an option to wait forever on hold.

When I finally did get through to the Comptroller, BTW, I was on hold for over 3.5 hours.

Absolutely unacceptable for state agencies.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:

Score one for joel!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I just put it on speaker and continue surfing the net until a live one shows up.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

I just put it on speaker and continue surfing the net until a live one shows up.
We're gonna need a bigger net.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
quote:
Score one for joel!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To put it on speaker would be pure torture. No pauses, no music just over and over. If they used this at Gitmo they would be ready to tell all within minutes.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
quote:
Score one for joel!

[SNIPPED]

Joel? How is that political? 'joel9507' seems to be correct in his response here... Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Joel? How is that political? 'joel9507' seems to be correct in his response here... Wink
MY ERROR! I read that as "Joe!," not as "Joel." I do apologize for my mistake. Not sure whether to delete my meme post, as it will still be visible since it has been quoted.

Once again, my apologies to Mr. Smoker.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים