SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The door was locked for a REASON
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The door was locked for a REASON Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
I'm in the Orlando airport (MCO I think) on my way to RI for my grandfather's funeral on layover (because that makes sense, but whatever).

I'm using the restroom and had the stall door locked behind me. Some idiot comes and shakes the door a few times, then decides to bypass the lock (it was one of those twist locks) with a coin or key or something, and doesn't stop until I start making noise. Then the guy backs off like he's just startled a predator or something.

Like, what in the fuck were you thinking dude? And that's not even getting into how rude it was to try to force your way in like that.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
<Groaner> The guy clearly didn't give a shit <Groaner>

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
This is the opposite of a related thread on here about people being expected to knock on bathroom stall doors.

I cannot imagine anyone trying to jimmy open a closed toilet door. Are you like a midget with your feet off the floor and he couldn't see you from under or through the door crack???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you could have said...

"Finally, someone is here too wipe my ass" Big Grin

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
In my experience, Orlando can be an interesting airport because of Disney. You get a lot of families and a lot of people that don't have much experience flying.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
This is the opposite of a related thread on here about people being expected to knock on bathroom stall doors.

I cannot imagine anyone trying to jimmy open a closed toilet door. Are you like a midget with your feet off the floor and he couldn't see you from under or through the door crack???

Nope. 6'4", 230lbs. There was a rolling bag on the floor by me, clearly visible from the other side under the door.

quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

One thing's for sure, it was gonna get really awkward for one of us and I don't think it was gonna be me.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the same thing on the aircraft. Idiot doesn’t want to accept that it’s locked. I’m similar build and it’s hard enough trying to deuce at 30,000 some odd feet. Some ass hole trying to wiggle and push the door in when there is clearly an “occupied” sign on the got damn door. Man do I hate traveling.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

perfect

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
These are the same people that will walk up to a locked shop/store door that has a CLOSED sign on it and bang on it, pull on it and stick their face in the glass and shout “ARE YOU CLOSED?”

I used to work in a bakery/cafe and would see it every night when I was closing up and mopping the floors.

Some people are just clueless and not aware of ANYTHING around them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And some entitled pricks think you will actually turn the lights back on and re-open just for them.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
And some entitled pricks think you will actually turn the lights back on and re-open just for them.

I get people banging on the door at 5:55am (we open at 6 and have forklifts in operation right up to opening) expecting me to open just for them.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever notice that the waiting door is locked in Doctor's offices. Most have a security coded lock. People cannot read or just do not care.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
He was trying to figure out who No. 2 works for

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Maybe he was attempting to grab your bag and run!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Maybe he was attempting to grab your bag and run!

Nah, the way he was dancing about he had to drop a load. I think it was just a self centered kid.

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/z0rio3IPXXU?start=158" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Anyone else hearing Iron Maiden? Great, another song I need to listen to.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
He probably would have sat right down expecting you to make room.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
“Come to Papa Bear” would have been a hoot, just saying.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post