SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    That freeloading squirrel vacated my shed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That freeloading squirrel vacated my shed Login/Join 
posted
I’m mad that I never got to exact my revenge. This destructive little tree rat decided to take up residency in my shed. Every time I sealed up a hole he’d chew another one. I still don’t know how he kept swiping peanut butter from my trap. The door was sprung, the meal was gone, and so was he. The worst part is I no longer have an immediate excuse to finally purchase a real air rifle. I was set on a Hatsan 95 in 22 caliber. Any other suggestions for air rifles in case he returns?

Posts: 887 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hatsan air rifles are expected to be the new gold standard. You should get one now.
Or any other air rifle

enablers, that what we be

Posts: 1392 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Watch Walmart for sales. I pickup a Gamo Whisper for $60 several years ago.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Don't complain. I have been fighting opossums and a raccoon for over a year getting in my attic. Caught and terminated 2, relocated one. Finally got the spots in the soffit nailed down so they can't be pushed up again and all tree limbs cut so they can't climb on the roof anymore. For now I have won.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That must have been a huge opening in your soffit for a racoon to squeeze in there.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
That must have been a huge opening in your soffit for a racoon to squeeze in there.

I have an unusual roof line. There is the main roof on the house and then another over a screened in porch that I enclosed. It allowed the critter to use lots of leverage to push the soffit up and into the attic space. Since most soffits are held down by gravity it was easy to push up.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
Don't complain. I have been fighting opossums and a raccoon for over a year getting in my attic. Caught and terminated 2, relocated one. Finally got the spots in the soffit nailed down so they can't be pushed up again and all tree limbs cut so they can't climb on the roof anymore. For now I have won.

Raccoons are real climbers and spend a lot of time in trees.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post