SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping. UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Costco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping. UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Costco Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Been to FedEx, UPS, and USPS recently. I either sold something, returned something, etc. Each time, I have my shit (package) ready to go. I just need the receipt that confirms the shipper or company received it. It’s my proof versus just dropping it off somewhere. Each single fucking time, there is a line. I hate lines. But they are part of life. What’s annoying is the customers. Each time some got damn idiot, multiple idiots in front of me in line have a box, or don’t even have a box, the box isn’t tape up, they are completely unprepared, and just shove all responsibility to the employee. I mean if I worked there I would just say fuck y’all and quit the mother fucker. I mean it’d be one thing if it was hilariously bad, but it’s throw shit at the wall bad. I went to a FedEx store the other day to get something shipped immediately for a member. The clown at the counter is a millennial guy. Ghey haircut, manicured beard, jacket on when it’s not even cold enough for shit here yet. I mean I’m in a tee, shorts and flip flops. Fucker is up there jawing with the employee saying “I need this. I need that. I need it here by tomorrow. I need insurance. All the while playing on his pacifier. You could see or read the entitlement on the guy’s face. He thinks he is a got damn star”. Small package, $86. Fine, fuckhead after 10 minutes is finally gone, walks away from the counter, stops, turns around, and goes back up there jawing some more. Fuck me.

Then the guy in front of me is dropping shit off for work. Multiple boxes on a pallet. I’m like fuck. But all the boxes are opened. No tape, nothing. At least he has prepaid labels for them so she doesn’t have to type all that shit in. But no got damn tape. I’ve shipped shit for multiple jobs, from $100 shit to tens of thousands. Since it’s work, all my shit is boxed, taped, everything is done so they can just scan, give me a receipt for work. Done. Easy. Not this fucking clown. He proceeds to grab their tape, fuck with all that. Now the entire time he’s also on his fucking pacifier talking to someone, sounded like his “girl”. I’m like dude I don’t want to hear all this. And if this is your work, you’re a shitty employee.

Few weeks ago, same deal at the post office. Same exact shit. Nobody comes prepared. Keep in mind, you can create a fucking USPS account, UPS, or FedEx in like a minute. Hell you can do it on your pacifier in your vehicle and spare everyone else. Type everything in on your pacifier on your couch, from the seat of your car, and show a barcode, boom you’re done. If you never ship shit, and I don’t know how that is possible in this day and age where online ordering and returns is such a massive part of society, ok elderly lady. I understand. Just skip the line, grab their tape, and a pen, out of the way of the line and handle “yo bizness”. Nope. They must get in line and subject all other customers to this stalling bullshit. I’ve got a life to live and I’m not paid to wait on your bullshit. Then there is this H1B Visa. He’s right behind me and keeps getting to like within inches of me. Like being in a drive thru and the person behind you gets 2 inches off your bumper thinking this will move the line quicker, it won’t. Stop fucking doing it. The USPS line would slightly move and he’s all in my grill, and he keeps coughing. I finally had enough and said “Enough dude. Stop doing it. It’s not going to make the line move quicker and you’re just being an ass hole. ENOUGH!” He finally backed off and started acting like a grown up. It shouldn’t take me chastising your dumb ass to be cordial. You should have seen this fucking guy, he’s almost touching my body and kept coughing in my direction. And like everyone else his dumbass had materials, nothing is ready, full punt to the USPS employee.

This entitlement behavior is everywhere, anything retail, getting food, Home Depot, grocery store, name it. It wish it was legal to bitch slap these people. I’ve asked at these establishments, my gym, and all these companies are too big of pussies to start regulating. They just let these mindless idiots continue this behavior and do zero to correct it. Any business I can honestly eradicate I’ve got management, made them aware and when the manager says “There is nothing i can do” I say fine, you lost my business personally. Society is completely out of control with entitlement. Fuck I’ve had enough. Last week at Costco, this lady and her kid has a shopping cart overfilled with shit. Long ass line at Costco too. She gets to the cashier and says “I left my card at home”. I’m like dipshit you can go to customer service when you get there and they can print a temp thing out for you to use. Nope can’t be bothered. I’ll make the cashier deal with my entitlement and fuck the entire line up because I’m entitled. Having had enough I said to her face “Great lady, your entitlement holds me and everyone in this line up because you can’t be bothered. Do you know how fucking rude that is to everyone? Is your name Karen?” She was pissed, and just continued on with her entitlement. It took them 5 minutes to go over to another computer dick with it all when they should just move all her shit out of the line and make her go to the back. Nope. That would be a justified society. Come ill prepared pay the price. Instead businesses just continue to put up with this and enable this behavior. Well I’m sick of it. Give me a discount on my stuff or pay me for dealing with it.

If I came unprepared for any establishment I’d let the ready folk go ahead. It’s on me. Or when reaching the front of the line I’d apologize, then move out of line while someone helps me and let people go through. It’s maddening when you deal with this behavior everywhere you drive, every retail establishment, literally every and anyplace you go. I don’t care anymore. They can call me angry white male, don’t give a fuck. I’m calling it out every time. Unless people speak up, just like actually voting, nothing will change and it will only get worse. I’m moving rural but can’t do it yet so I’m forced to live in the suburb of a major US city due to my work. Once that barrier is removed I’m the fuck up out of here and will live rural with the country folk and it’s straight get off my fucking lawn and property or be at gun point. This shit is out of hand.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
So, what I hear you saying is you need a new smartphone and are comparing options?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
. Long ass line at Costco too. She gets to the cashier and says “I left my card at home”. I’m like dipshit you can go to customer service when you get there and they can print a temp thing out for you to use. Nope can’t be bothered. I’ll make the cashier deal with my entitlement and fuck the entire line up because I’m entitled. Having had enough I said to her face “Great lady, your entitlement holds me and everyone in this line up because you can’t be bothered. Do you know how fucking rude that is to everyone? Is your name Karen?”

I'd have asked if I could swipe my Costco Business card for her and speed up the line, plus I'd get 2% of her purchase amount back at the end of the year LOL

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Superb rant. Nicely done.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I avoid the Yooper Post Office like the plague. Not only is experience similar to the OPs, but parking is a PITA (app based electronic meters) and parking enforcement is circling like a buzzard.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Shipping. Er.

When I had my little business I was in the post office 4 to 6 times a week. Now, there's no place I'd rather go less.

I have all sorts of stuff I'd like to sell, but the thought of dealing with going there makes me think about just throwing it away instead.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
One of the best rants I've seen in a long time. Well done!

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The entitled customer mentality has gotten way out of hand. I had three young guys come into my store Sunday with a list of lumber they needed. We’re talking multiple sizes of 16’ pressure treated. Just stood there until I said, “I am NOT lifting all this by myself.” I was the only one on that side of the store so I couldn’t even get help from one of my guys. One of the idiots finally stepped up.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Yep Pre, another reason I moved to the country.

I use Stamps.com, drop off at my local UPS store, they take USPS and UPS.

In and out most times in 3 minutes, or if a line, it is 10 mins.

When I lived at the High 5, I needed the patience of Job.

Where I have noticed entitlement is the moment I cross out of Kaufman county.

Excellent rant!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I ordered a cheap 20" AR upper for a project, and UPS missed the delivery today because the person I was expecting to be there to sign for it was at lunch. So they did the whole "sorry we missed you" bullshit.

But what chaps my ass is that instead of putting it out for redelivery like I know FedEx does by default (because I've missed deliveries of 8# jugs of powder), it defaults to "deliver to a UPS vault for pickup next business day." So. You missed me one day, and you expect me to do your job getting the package to my door? Nope, not how this is going to go down. UPS has historically been the most decent in terms of tracking and reliability, but as of the last few years their tracking system has gotten sparse on the details unless you jump through some hoops - I might have seen stuff about a "premium tracking" fee.

I can get if it's my third attempt or if they went straight to whatever store they were going to deliver it to same-day, but to miss me the first time and take it back to the depot and then back out to the area the next day to deliver it to the "super convenient" location isn't convenient at all, especially since I don't really go much of anywhere these days.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I thought I was a debbie downer.
At my Physician's office, the nurses no longer take temperature readings because they don't think it is necessary. I mention it to the Doc and he takes it. Pretty consistent multiple nurses and visits.
I suspect it is Covid protocols. At least in medicine. The first stringers were fired because of no shot. We are seeing tier 2 and 3 employees. No training and no one to train them. And, they just don't care. Plus businesses are accepting anyone with a pulse.
I don't see how it improves so pack your patience - as the wife sez

Posts: 1402 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
About two years ago I was due for my colonoscopy.

I had to go for what they call a consultation, a real waste of time as I've had several before. Then schedule the actual procedure, about two months out at 8:30 am on a Friday.

This practice has good doc's and nurses and all the people that are actually hands on. But the front desk & business office is a clown show.

As I'm driving home about ten minutes from the consultation, my phone rings and they need to change the date & time. OK, done. Then they want to send a different prep prescription for some reason. Ok again.

So the day before comes and I get a recorded call to remind me of my appointment. I start taking the magic sauce V1 for my clean out, followed by water.
Then I wait the 45-60 minutes & wait & wait. Nothing. This goes on for hours. By then their office has closed for the day. So after the hours go by for the second dose with no results, I call the 800# (about 3 AM by then) and they say don't worry, keep doing what your doing. There's no where else for it to go basically.

Then about 5:30, things start to happen and continue almost up until I'm getting in the car. I'm not happy, having had no sleep and concerned about possible events on the drive.

So we get to the office where there's a line and more confusion ahead of me. I'm at the back of that line up until get to the front and no one behind me. When I finally get to Ms. Charming she gets a panicked look and says she needs to consult with someone in the back and disappears for about ten minutes. When she reappears, she said there must have been a mistake on my part, I'm not scheduled until next Monday.

So what's my take on all this? I don't think waiting in a line at the Post Office for ten minutes is all that big of a deal anymore.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like the HOSPITAL owns the doctor's practice. Scheduling a prescreening appoitment was all about the money. Scheduling is on a par with most hospitals I know.
If the docs own the practice I would be going elsewhere as they clearly did not hire a competent business manager.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
220-9er: You got a robo-call to remind you of the appointment, and then when you keep the appointment they tell you that you're there on the wrong day?

That is justification for going full Karen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
220-9er: You got a robo-call to remind you of the appointment, and then when you keep the appointment they tell you that you're there on the wrong day?

That is justification for going full Karen.

I was able to get my point across.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post