SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What's worse than USPS?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's worse than USPS? Login/Join 
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted
UPS makes the postal service look like shining stars.

I live in the country, I have 3 outbuildings and a house. You pass two outbuildings to get to the house, the dumbasses always drop packages at the first building they get to.

I have called, given detailed instructions on what the house looks like vs what the outbuildings look like, I have given them distances from the road to the house, I have told them the house is the brick structure, not the wooden or metal structures, I have notes on the doors of the other buildings saying where to deliver packages, and what do the idiots do, drop the package at the first building or in the case of one I am now at day 3 three on trying to get, they leave notes saying they couldn't deliver since no one was home to sign for the package. I have news for you dumbass, I do not live in the shed.

What does it take to get through to them. I'm to the point of asking any vendor who they use to ship, if it is the idiots at UPS, they will not get my business.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's worse than USPS? Anal warts? Just a WAG.

Posts: 107481 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
In recent years I've determined that FedEx is in fact, worse than USPS.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
DHL

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nope, to me, USPS cannot be beat. They will always occupy the the bottom of the bottomless barrel.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
3 shippers worse than USPS. The unholy alliances between:
  • #2 USPS and Fedex called SmartPost which is tied with USPS and UPS called SurePost. It's "delivered" when Fedex or UPS drop-off at USPS and all tracking ceases. Fedex and UPS take their time dropping off at USPS (e.g. 2 days to go 20 miles) and then USPS gives a new definition of taking their time (3 to 5 days to go 7 miles). Fuck any vendor who misleads that they're shipping with Fedex or UPS but it's actually one of the unholy alliances.
  • #1 USPS and DHL. I saved the "best" for last. I can't believe this unholy alliance isn't a violation of the 8th amendment. Use this shipment method if you truly hate someone.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23203 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Only the strong survive
    Picture of 41
    posted Hide Post
    A lot depends on the person. My mailman was a hard worker and about six years ago got an inside job. I always helped him out and gave him apples from my trees.

One time he help me lift the bed off my pickup so I could change the fuel pump.

The one I have now can't even close the mailbox.

FedEx and DHL is at the bottom with UPS.

UPS is now destroying packages with reloading components.

Ammunition distributor noticing a lot of “missing” packages from UPS

https://bearingarms.com/john-p...ages-from-ups-n60908

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of dsiets
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^^ Yeah, I was driving in the car and heard Glenn Beck talking to The Gun Food about the issue. UPS sounds criminal.

Why was I in the car? I was returning from my brother's house. He wanted me to be there to sign for a package(s) from UPS. The delivery window was 1:30-3:30. I got there at 11:45 a.m. and as I'm parking in his driveway he calls to tell me UPS sent an email that they tried to deliver the packages. Yep, there's a sticker on his door.
    I was there 2+ hrs. before the UPS fricking delivery window. Roll Eyes Mad

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Just because you can,
    doesn't mean you should
    posted Hide Post
    FedEx Ground where I'm from.
    DHL is right in there but they no longer have any sort of full service in the US anymore.
    I think FedEx ground must have hired their management when DHL cut back their US operations.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I Deal In Lead
    Picture of Flash-LB
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 220-9er:
    FedEx Ground where I'm from.
    DHL is right in there but they no longer have any sort of full service in the US anymore.
    I think FedEx ground must have hired their management when DHL cut back their US operations.

FedEx Ground is the absolute worst where I live. Even the USPS is better. That's pretty sad.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of rwilli
    posted Hide Post
    I gotta say I seem to get quicker and more reliable service from USPS-----

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
    Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Made from a
    different mold
    Picture of mutedblade
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 95flhr:
    UPS makes the postal service look like shining stars.

You must not have the same driver as me. My guy gets it right 100% and USPS maybe half that.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:
    What's worse than USPS? Anal warts? Just a WAG.

I am online with Motorola support upgrading a Watchguard Evidence Library system and your comment made me LOL.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    USPS causes Monkey Pox.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eschew Obfuscation
    posted Hide Post
    You won't get an argument from me.

My son and his wife stayed with us for a month while waiting to close on their house. When they put in the change of address from our place to their new house, my son's wife inadvertently checked the "household" box, meaning our mail got forwarded too.

I go to the Post Office on July 13, explained the situation, and was told it would be taken care of. 10 days goes by and our mail is still being forwarded. I go to the Post Office again and am told it takes 2-3 weeks to make the change.

As of today, it's been 3 weeks and we're still not getting our mail. I can't think of another organization that has lousier customer service.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bobandmikako
    posted Hide Post
    For incoming shipments, FEDEX has been the worst for us. About 75% of the time, they either deliver to the wrong house or toss the package in the front yard in the rain. I've actually stopped ordering from a couple of companies because they only ship by FEDEX. Making complaints to FEDEX is useless. They don't care. I think I'm on their shit list now, so I don't expect to ever get another delivery from them. For USPS, we've had some incoming shipments that took way too long in transit and seemed to bounce all over the place, but once they arrived in our region, at least they were delivered to us. UPS has actually been the best for us for incoming deliveries. We've yet to have a problem with them.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Only the strong survive
    Picture of 41
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    For incoming shipments, FEDEX has been the worst for us. About 75% of the time, they either deliver to the wrong house or toss the package in the front yard in the rain.

You must have the carrier working my neighborhood. In August last year, they left a package at the neighbors and he kept it. Mad

They also just toss the package in the driveway.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Hop head
    Picture of lyman
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by darkest2000:
    In recent years I've determined that FedEx is in fact, worse than USPS.

this,

specifically FedEx ground,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of rtquig
    posted Hide Post
    Fed-Ex ground is the worst.
    My daughter is home for 2 weeks from school in Georgia.
    She will have to return next week end on 8/12. While she is home, no matter how many miles she has on her car I change the oil. It is usually 4K miles on it when I do it but I never know how long till I see her car again so I change it every time she is home.

This trip home her car has 65K on it and the oil got changed, new wipers, small stuff got taken care of. Last Tuesday thinking again I don't know when I will see her car, maybe Christmas break I decided to put on new rotors and brake pads. Local Auto Zone, NAPA, Advanced Auto wanted around $325 for the parts. Rock Auto was around $200 for all the parts but shipping was $45. They said for that price Fed-Ex could have them here by this past Friday. Okay, ordered the parts.
    First Fed-Ex email: here on time Friday
    Second email: running late, here by 7:00pm Saturday
    Third email: running late, here by 7:00pm Sunday. Second and third email 3 hours apart.
    Forth email 4 hours later: by 7:00pm Monday.
    I should have spent the extra money and bought them locally.
    Fed-Ex ground sucks.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
    Picture of 92fstech
    posted Hide Post
    Our UPS guy is great. Super friendly and reliable, and stuff is almost always on time. I agree with the above poster...FedEx Ground sucks. I had a rifle shipped here from GunBroker last month, and it took a week and a half to get here from Washington state, including 3 days just sitting in Cicero, IL due to a "weather delay". Not sure what about 80 degrees and sunny constitutes a "weather delay", but apparently to FedEx ground it does.

I've also had them ship stuff here signature required, and have waited around all day for them to show up so I can sign for it, only to have them not deliver it and list some fake excuse like "no access to residence" or claim that I wasn't there to sign for it, even though I know both are a lie because I wasted my whole day sitting around the house waiting for them.

FedEx Ground is garbage-tier shipping.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post