SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dumping your trash in my yard.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumping your trash in my yard. Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I said with a smile "I don't know what you're talking about."

Ahhh . . . a happy ending. Karma hits so satisfyingly at times.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I live on a corner lot at the intersection of two very busy 2-lane roads in a rapidly growing town bordering Huntsville. It is a daily thing to pick up all the trash thrown in our yard during the overnight hours!

Posts: 4590 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awhile back I was sitting a traffic watch at an intersection located at the top of a hill on the main highway thru my jurisdiction. A car came up the hill and the front seat passenger was holding a restaurant napkin dispenser out the window, letting the napkins peel off all over the road.
It was pretty late at night & apparently the car load of students were headed home after an evening of revelry.
In Pennsylvania a person can not only be cited for “depositing trash on the roadway “, but also for failing to remove the trash.
I stopped the car and cited the passenger for littering. He told me it wasn’t trash, it was napkins! I asked him if he’d like to pick them all up or just get another citation for failing to remove them. He decided to pick them up.
Since it was late and there was little or no traffic, I followed him,blocking a traffic lane ,while he picked up all the napkins along about a quarter mile of road.
When we got back to his friends I asked why they didn’t help. The driver had a pretty bad attitude with lots to say, soooo, I cited him under a statute which holds the driver responsible for certain behaviors of their passengers.
They both pleaded not guilty and took a hearing. I was actually shocked that the Magistrate found them both guilty. He lowered the fine for the defendant that picked up the trash, and maxed it out for the driver.

Posts: 88 | Location: NEPA | Registered: February 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Been in the area for 30 years, nice development, well maintained, quiet, the area is well policed so much so that you always saw someone pulled for speeding. Never a bit of trash on the side of the road.

Now that we've had an influx of new residents from turn over, and with the larger amount of traffic in the area people cutting through I see more trash on the side of the road, not a ton, but it's there where it didn't used to be.

Trasholes, all of them...

I left in the summer of 2020 and moved back in January of 2023.

Traffic has gotten considerably worse, drivers have gotten considerably worse and trash on the side of the roads has gotten worse.

To be honest, I blame all the fuckers from NY who moved here since the start of the scamdemic.

Just need them to get back on 95 and get back to where they once belonged.

Posts: 13127 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
On another occasion, I caught a GTE employee eating his lunch and taking a nap in the driveway at the lot.

On the previous day, I found McDonald's lunch trash on the ground in the afternoon. I decided to go out there at lunch time the next day. The driveway is blocked by a gate about 50 feet inside the property line.

So the next day, there he was taking a nap. I pull in behind him and rap on the window. I point out the trash on the ground and he is to pick it up. He denies it is his and I need to move my truck. By this time he is pissed and gets out of the vehicle. Then he noticed I was armed and his tune changes.

You never know what to expect. Somebody tried to set the place on fire one time. It burnt up the bank to the edge of the woods and went out. It was either too wet or someone come along and put it out.

In the past, I kept a game camera monitoring the front of the lot which is 350 feet wide.

One day the UPS guy pulls up and stands in the passenger doorway, looks up the road and down the road, sees no one so it is safe to relieve his kidneys. What he doesn't see, is the camera on the bank. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Look up the road and down the road...nobody around. The grass needs watering. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Look up the road and down the road...nobody around. The grass needs watering. Roll Eyes

Can't really blame him for that. If he took a dump on the property that would be another story, but.

Posts: 6351 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They...illegals took a dump in the creek where I pump water and stole the bucket I use to prime the pump. The power company when told about the incident bought me two new buckets. Good on them.

The lot behind me dropped two popular trees across my Dunstan chestnut tree breaking 30 percent of the branches off and the workers took a dump in the field. I sent the owner a bill for $1200 for damage to the tree and he refused to pay. They also dumped brush on me.

Another time, the neighbors lawn people took a dump in the field while I was there. The neighbor made them clean it up after I told him off.

posted Hide Post
We’ve been out, picking up garbage before mowing as my friend owns both sides of the road frontage and the bastards will throw food bags out of the window just behind you. I wish there was a portal that would transport right into their front yards.

Posts: 8 | Registered: April 28, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The problem is the law enforcement people could care less.
Last year, the neighbors lawn maintenance people dumped brush along 700 feet of my property.

My hearing is bad so the phone call is out. I go to the county substation to report the problem and right off the lady working the desk wants me to call the Deputy in the back room. Nope, have someone come out.

The Deputy comes out and takes the information. He doesn't ask me for contact information so I ask for his business card.

In the end, he says he didn't see any brush. All this is in email exchanges.

I have a log of 42 years of this BS with names. They include poaching, trespass, pulling up survey stakes, shooting across property, destruction of private property, and stealing. I even sent him pictures and videos.

Blowing leaves over on my property

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
<<snip>>
I have a log of 42 years of this BS with names. They include poaching, trespass, pulling up survey stakes, shooting across property, destruction of private property, and stealing. I even sent him pictures and videos.

<<snipped video>>

If I had to put up with that constantly with no help from LEOs, there would be a problem! Not sure what that problem would be, but I WOULD retaliate in some manner, and make it obvious!

Posts: 4590 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I had to put up with that constantly with no help from LEOs, there would be a problem! Not sure what that problem would be, but I WOULD retaliate in some manner, and make it obvious!

Chain Link 8 ft tall fence with concertina wire on top, electrified of course, and claymores strategically placed....

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
<<snip>>
Chain Link 8 ft tall fence with concertina wire on top, electrified of course, and claymores strategically placed....

Property owners shouldn't have to go to that kind of expense to keep assholes off of their property!!! Now the claymores could be fun, but doubt you'd get by with them for long without a visit from the not-so-friendly ATF...

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
That is nothing. In 1987, the contractor on the adjacent lot was burning stumps in a pit but they failed to clear enough around the area. The intense heat set the field on fire.

I was several hundred yards away at the time and smelled something burning. I went to investigate and found the field on fire. I started stomping it out but the heat was so intense that you had to pull back. I continued to run up and stomp some more out. If it got to the woods about 40 yards away, it would be big trouble with three houses in its path. I got it knocked down and I went to call the fire department.

I went out there the next day and there were several spots smothering under ground. I got some water and put them out. I called the fire department to find out that they near went out there. I had bought a new pair of Herman Survivor boots several months ago and the soles were completely melted. I was lucky I didn't catch my clothes on fire.

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
That is pure insanity! Not on your part of course, but the contractors AND the fire department!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
If the police would act on tags, would they act on prints and dna found on the litter? Doesn’t dmv have prints?

Sure, call out the Crime Scene Unit for a little littering complaint. Commit hours of work developing fingerprints and tying up national databases for comparison work, then commit more hours to DNA recovery and charting for comparison (if you ever have a suspect sample for comparison). A few hundred hours of high-dollar employees running expensive laboratory facilities, none of which has anything more important to do than run down a litterbug.

Seriously?

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I just remembered. Several years ago was out working in the side yar (I live on a corner).
Woman pulls around onto the side street and stops. She takes a few big drags off a cig and throws it out the window. Then she drives down a couple houses and pulls in the driveway and starts to unload her groceries.
I went over and picked up the cig and walked back to her house and handed to her and told her "you dropped this". She took it and said thanks.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I was leaving the lot one day and there was a Verizon contractor parked in front of the lot with 1/2 dozen illegals standing around smoking. They must have been there for some time because there were cigarette butts all over the ground. I informed them that this was a private road and that they were trespassing.

I also told them that they are to pick up all the cigarette butts. There are always cars parked on the road drinking or parking even in broad daylight. The road is about a mile long and secluded.

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Speaking of littering
I was in my upstairs bedroom looking out the window when I saw a teenage girl walking her dog. It was pooping. I grabbed a plastic bag and went outside and confronted her. I asked how she was going to take her dog poop home. She didn’t know what to say. I asked her if she would like me to have my dog poop in her yard?
I then decided she needed a life lesson. Not too traumatic, but a learning one. I then pulled the bag out of my back pocket and showed her how easy it was to pick it up. I even disposed of it for her. I then noticed that when she walked the dog she used the sidewalk on the other side of the street.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post