SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dumping your trash in my yard.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumping your trash in my yard. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Thanks so much to the family in the maroon Jeep Cherokee that stopped, got out, opened your rear hatch and dumped this trash in my yard this afternoon!

You should buy a Lottery Ticket! It is actually your lucky day because I wasn't able to get your tag number.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I can't fathom going to the trouble of 1) Stopping, 2) opening the back hatch and 3) dumping the trash.

All they had to do was drive to a fast food place before doing all that to make it right.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d expect no less from a trash dumping fast food junkie. But what you witnessed is an entirely different level of boldness. Littering scum.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The closest McDonalds is 11 or 12 miles from my house.
Just time, apparently, for the little darlings to eat their happy meals.

But why stop? Maybe a sick kid?

I was working in the back yard when I saw them, I have almost 4 acre corner lot. I started walking that way but they drove off before I could get within a couple hundred feet of them.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If the police would act on tags, would they act on prints and dna found on the litter? Doesn’t dmv have prints?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12727 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I have weekend biker trash regularly stop in my driveway to empty their trash.

Rolled up on one said tubby POS emptying his garbage and blocked him in with my truck and log splitter.

It had been raining the day before and the ditches were soggy. He decided to take off through the ditch before I could get out of my truck.
He cut a nice trench through the ditch, coating his Hoover with mud.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
If the police would act on tags, would they act on prints and dna found on the litter? Doesn’t dmv have prints?

No, the DMV does not have prints, nor is anybody going to print a McDonalds box or collect DNA off of it for littering. There's a huge backlog for testing for serious crimes....not gonna happen for an infraction.

Agree with the OP, though...these people are scum.

Posts: 8581 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

No, the DMV does not have prints, nor is anybody going to print a McDonalds box or collect DNA off of it for littering. There's a huge backlog for testing for serious crimes....not gonna happen for an infraction.

Agree with the OP, though...these people are scum.

All quite true but it leads me to believe that there may be a developing market for a Home Fingerprinting Kit. Take the prints, get a pic with your phone, and email them to the local PD so they can be run against the national database. Then send the person making the query the address for his new dog waste disposal site.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5651 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Maybe the car was equally trashy and that was the overflow.

Posts: 27966 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From 1970, ain’t changed a lick.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Someone flipped their full tray of food and leftovers off their window while driving in front of us..I was busy marveling at how they drove away from an A&w drive in when it all fell directly in our path. I don’t usually call the cops while I’m driving unless someone’s in trouble, but I made sure those fuckers got tagged before the end of their little joyride. This ain’t the 50’s

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5325 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Years ago sitting in my van at Hardees(now whataburger) when the little bitches in the Smokey and the Bandit Trans am decided to throw their trash out on the pavement between me and them. I jumped out and grabbed it and slammed it down through the open t top onto the passengers lap. Told them to throw their shit out on their own fucking yard. They were stunned. Probably just threw it out down the road.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
BOATTRASH1: This site REALLY needs a "Like" button!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30693 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably the same morons who dump their ashtray in the parking lot.

If you want a real eye opener, drive through the student parking lot at your local high school.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The neighbor's lawn people cut some of his brush and dumped it along 700 feet of the property line. The Loudoun County Deputy said he didn't see any brush even after I sent him pictures.

Several years ago, Tim Brown's workers dumped garbage bags of trash on the back of the lot. I went through the bags hoping to find a receipt or name but no luck.

We have a private road into the lot and lots of activity. I take pictures of unknown vehicles. One incident there were two parked cars in front of my lot and I stopped about 25 feet from them and started taking pictures when this lady jumps out and wants to know what I am doing. I told them they were trespassing on a private road. They get back in their cars and haul ass as I take more pictures. I should have told her I have a contract with her husband. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
My mother used to own a 7 acre plot of undeveloped land in a commercial/industrial area. She owned it for about 15 years. When she sold it, the buyer had the land surveyed and found thousands of discarded tires on the property. One of the buyer's contingencies was to have the tires removed, or reduce the sale price by 'X' amount. My mother paid $10K to have the tires removed.

I suspect a tire shop had been illegally dumping their junk tires on the property and pocketing the $5/tire disposal fee they're required to charge.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's been many years since I told this story here, but this seems like a good time to do so.

Years ago when I lived in an apartment, I briefly had these two female neighbors. I never spoke directly with them while they lived there. I'd see them in the parking lot from time to time. We'd exchange glances, maybe a smile and a hello.
Well, comes time for them to move out. I saw the moving truck in the parking lot that afternoon. Later that evening, after dark, I looked out my window, and there are plastic bags in the bed of my truck. I went to take a look. There were three large bags of stinking garbage, old rags, bits of this and that. There was a note under the driver's side windshield wiper. It said:

"Dear Truck Man,

Please throw away our garbage.

Signed,

Cuddles and Bubbles
"

I had never done anything to these women, never had a cross word, never complained about them, nor, TTBOMK, had they complained about me. It was a doubly shitty thing to do because the dumpster for this complex was on the way out. It would have taken them 30 seconds to stop and throw those bags in. Bottom line, they were acting like stone bitches.

OK, I called up one of the maintenance guys who lived on the property. He and I talked guns from time to time. He was proud of the Colt Official Police he carried. A good guy all around.
I told him what happened. He came over to my apartment. He looked at the stinking garbage they left, looked at the note, and got just about as pissed off about it as I was at the time.
He whipped out one of his Master Keys and opened the door of their ground floor apartment, which was the cleanest apartment I'd ever seen - spotless.
He and I took the bags into the apartment and we proceeded to kick shit all over the place in that unit- Coffee grounds and personal feminine items, cat food cans, used paper towels, rotting food that apparently had been in their fridge a long time. After finishing, we locked the door and turned out the lights.
Now, you think that was satisfying? The next day, I come home from work. One of the women had called during the day and said their unit was ready for inspection. They wanted their deposit back. Well, you can imagine the reaction of the manager when she opened the door. She told them to clean it up or not only would they not get back their deposit, but they would also be charged a fee for cleaning their mess.
As I started to go up the stairs past that apartment, one of these bitches was in the open doorway on her hands and knees, scrubbing coffee grounds off the wall.
I said "Are you Bubbles or Cuddles?" She was facing away from me. I looked at her ass and said "Oh, I guess you must be Bubbles, huh?"
She leapt up, and beet-red in the face said to me angrily "That was some stunt you pulled last night!"

I said with a smile "I don't know what you're talking about."

Posts: 107625 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I used to get so pissed about this crap. Kids would stop by McD's or a convenience store, whatever, after school to stock up on junk food for the long walk home.Roll Eyes Then they would just throw their candy wrappers and soft drink cups in people's yards as they strolled past. Six months ago I retired and moved to a small town, and I never see that shit now.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
When I first moved in to my current subdivision, the neighborhood had a "Fireball Bandit" who would throw small empty bottles of Fireball whiskey out of their car as they drove down the street, several times per week. Myself and multiple neighbors repeatedly ended up with Fireball bottles in our yards, and shattered glass from Fireball bottles on our sidewalks or driveways, or in the street. Best guess is that it was a semi-functioning alcoholic who would slam a bottle of Fireball on their way home from work, or a closet drinker who would go for a drive in the evening to chug a bottle of Fireball without their spouse finding out. But they were smooth... Nobody ever witnessed it, and none of the residential camera systems were able to capture proof due to a combination of low light, low resolution out at the street, and fast movement. After about 6 months of it happening on a regular basis, it suddenly stopped. Either that person went to rehab, or jail, or just moved away.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Been in the area for 30 years, nice development, well maintained, quiet, the area is well policed so much so that you always saw someone pulled for speeding. Never a bit of trash on the side of the road.

Now that we've had an influx of new residents from turn over, and with the larger amount of traffic in the area people cutting through I see more trash on the side of the road, not a ton, but it's there where it didn't used to be.

Trasholes, all of them...

Posts: 23476 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post