SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    August 2nd, not my best day.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August 2nd, not my best day. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
Pre-op check this morning, measured my height: 70 inches (5'10") WITH MY SHOES ON!. WHAT! When I retired in 1985 I was 73 inches (6'1"). Where did that 3 inches go?

They checked my Blood Sugar...167. Since July 31 (Monday) at 3pm nothing to eat, drinking only unsweet tea, coffee and water, lots of water. Where the hell did that 167 come from?

Next: Little back history: Colonoscopy history started for me around 1990. A few polyps and some diverticulitis...see you in 3 years. 3 years later...see you in 3 years. Then, good, see you in 5 years, then see you in 5 years, and again, 5 years. Today...see you in ONE YEAR. Polyps and diverticulitis is back.

I think I'm going to start smoking again, just for laughs.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yeah, back in 2010 they told me the same thing, "see you in one year."

They're still waiting.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30746 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Yeah. At our age do we really care anymore?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got this stupid box I'm supposed to shat in. I've had it for 6 months. I think I will toss it out tomorrow.

Posts: 680 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Good For you! The thought of USPS transporting my poop box for purposes of a possible cancer diagnosis is a hard pass.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Pre-op check this morning, measured my height: Where did that 3 inches go?

At least it's in height, not length! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8369 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
At least it's in height, not length! Wink

That can happen also. In proportion to the growth of one's belly. Wink

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Jokingly had this conversation this afternoon, about my height. Said I was 6'4" theoretically. That I hadn't measured my height or my dick since I was in high school. One I'm pretty sure is less than it used to be, the other I KNOW is. Big Grin Frown

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I took my 85 year old dad in for his first checkup with a new Doc, they told him he was 5'11 and he insisted he was still 6'3, that "everything shrinks with age" must be a real thing....

Posts: 23599 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Not sure exactly how tall I am nowadays. I haven't been in a 7-Eleven for a while.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30746 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think the one year thing probably has to do with medicare... more procedures because the government is paying for it. since I got on it I'm getting all kinds of stuff from my supplemental insurance about all the free things and test I can get along with home visits and such... somebody has to pay for all this...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
^^^^^ Good For you! The thought of USPS transporting my poop box for purposes of a possible cancer diagnosis is a hard pass.

Sarcasm?
That test saved my life- and I'm a lot younger than either of you.

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I got this stupid box I'm supposed to shat in. I've had it for 6 months. I think I will toss it out tomorrow.
got one of those too a few years ago. As the nurse explained how it worked I told her “ the dog owes me one I’ll get him to help “

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5168 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Yeah. At our age do we really care anymore?

ummm...yeah

Posts: 6407 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post