SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    PGE TOU
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PGE TOU Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
PGE TOU (time of use) updates.

So, we get solar and now PGE wants to raise the highest rates for when we need electricity the most - summer 5-8 when it's friggen hot. A huge reason to get solar, to make it cheaper to use our AC. AC for me is the largest consumer of electricity for the year.

So yes, let's reduce the benefits of going solar.

Someday, I'm going to write a book - 1000 reasons why I hate this state.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Buy the battery pods, go full off grid, for $20-40K you can eliminate PGE games.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
They don't pay us for excess generation.
They put us on the most expensive plans.
They charge more during peak hours when we most need electricity.
Instead of incentives, they penalize solar.

Financially, may not make sense. But it may be a poke in their eye if I went to batteries. Natural gas generator doesn't seem to bad either - 15KW at $2/hour between 4-8 everyday (during the summer)? Suck on that PGE.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
They don't pay us for excess generation.

You should be getting credit for the excess energy against future use.

You should also be compensated for surplus energy...producing more than you used...over a 12 month billing cycle

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post