SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm male, old and white. You say I'm racist? I don't care anymore.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm male, old and white. You say I'm racist? I don't care anymore. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I got a call from an organization that I have supported in the past but not so much lately because they've become 'woke'. The caller told me how tough times were for them and how very, very much they would appreciate a donation. I told her that they need to practice more DIVERSITY and not pick on old, white, straight guys so much. She was unsure whether or not I was joking. I was not. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Roger Dat me too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell, I’m black and have been called a racist by my own race. During my 24 years in the military I only saw blue and green. Marines and Sailors will know what I mean by that. I treated everyone the same. The military has afforded my wife and I the opportunity to live a great life and when you have a little more than others in your own race who chose to continue the generations old way of living on the system, then you are an outcast who thinks you are better than them. Lord knows, I am one of the nicest people you would ever meet in your life. War taught me that when the bullets are flying, you did not care what color the man next to you was. The only thing that mattered was he was an American and we had each other’s back.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Old, male Redskin/Pinkskin Jewish honeybadgermonkey.

Honeybadgermonkey don't give a shit (if you call him racist.)

lol

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At my age I could care less what they think and say.

Posts: 55 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I care what my two daughter think of me. Everyone else on this Earth can slurp my butt.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
The only thing that mattered was he was an American and we had each other’s back.

Ain't that the truth. We all bleed red.

Again thanks for your service Doc!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was getting ready to write a check for reparations, but I noticed that my white privilege check hadn't been deposited yet.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1092 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
I'm male, old and white; I've been given two choices: (1) to be a racist, or (2) to be an apologetic racist. That's some choice, eh?

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Hell, I’m black and have been called a racist by my own race. During my 24 years in the military I only saw blue and green. Marines and Sailors will know what I mean by that. I treated everyone the same. The military has afforded my wife and I the opportunity to live a great life and when you have a little more than others in your own race who chose to continue the generations old way of living on the system, then you are an outcast who thinks you are better than them. Lord knows, I am one of the nicest people you would ever meet in your life. War taught me that when the bullets are flying, you did not care what color the man next to you was. The only thing that mattered was he was an American and we had each other’s back.
I'm an Army vet.. What you said was dead on the money!! Salute my friend.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Reaching a point where if I’m doing the “time,” I might as well do the “crime.”

If you’re going to treat me as though I’m racist and deplorable and a criminal, I might as well be one.

Wouldn’t it be funny if republicans become a protected class? Sexuality, gender, race, age, religion and now political leaning.

More seriously, I’m relatively accepting except for those that threaten America and freedom. I’m not racist against those people, but they are either treasonous traitors or enemies of state. And I will act against them with the prejudice they deserve.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
If you or them don't like it, kiss my big fat white shiny ass. I'd rather be anything other than a Democrat or a whiney bitch by calling someone a racist if they don't agree with their wrong ideas.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
I guess I too am old, white and racist. A few years ago I was teaching at a community college, a class in Microbiology for a nursing class. Got called to a meeting with the Dean and two sets of complaining parents.

The meeting consisted of being told by the parents I was racist because their minority daughters were failed by me. The Dean asked if that was true. I explained:

They failed because they were stupid by not participating in class but mainly because they never made more than 50 % on any exam including midterms and the final. I also noted the highest grade in the class, an A, was the same minority as their daughters. They had nothing to say.

After they left I told the Dean I really did not need this shit after teaching for over five years and I resigned.

Where do I get my membership card ?

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I try not to be a racist. But as a white male the reality is that I'm just generally clueless as F. If I say anything anyone takes offense at, I'll quickly apologize cause it comes from a position of stupidity, not of some moral highness or racist bigotry.

In fact, I figured out how damned dumb I was on those kind of things when I heard from my late mother in law that I'd married outside of my race. I was shocked, but I had never, ever, considered it in those terms until that point of my life. Just not how I was raised. I reflect on my surprise at her words occasionally and it just reminds me that I don't know 2 things consistently. Those 2 things are Jack and shit.

But I'm open for learning and if I walk a mile in another's shoes and try to live by the golden rule, things go well. The wife still comments on some of my stupidity at times. She says I find it difficult to understand what others have experienced. But she admits that most people of color did not experience the extreme poverty my family suffered through (joyfully I might add, being a kid and living in a tent in the woods with a couple of awesome brothers is the best damned thing in the world).

Mom could have gone the easy way after my dad died, but chose to throw the welfare case workers who showed up on HER doorstep to offer up money as an extreme insult. She did OK, knew how to glean fields for food -her kids all became very successful and she lived to see it.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm male, old and white yellow. You say I'm racist? I don't give a fuck what you GDCs think..

Hahahahah, Q, your avatar say's exactly what you posted over and over and over. Hahahahaha, that is so cool Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I refuse to be lectured to by imbeciles who presume to know what goes on inside my head.

There are many people I hold in high regard. Their ethnicity is not a factor.
The same is true if I think you're an asshole.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post